Online now
Online now

Life Hacks

bdsamworld
1 month ago • Mar 18, 2024
bdsamworld • Mar 18, 2024
"For those who like Keurig machines--- this may be well known but I have not seen the observation here or elsewhere.. They can be used twice, and with the stronger brews like French Roast--- a half cup after that.

The first cup off a French Roast K cup is strong enough to put hair on my chest, the second just right, and the third might be a bit weak fr some but is acceptable to me."

Miki, have you tried using the reusable K-pods? I like to do a pre-pour over and it seems to taste better when I do that. I just pour over about 5 or 6 tablespoons of water (I honestly don't measure, it's just a little bit). Then I put it into the machine and it just tastes better. Less bitter a lot of times too, depending on the brand of coffee I'm using.
Miki
1 month ago • Mar 19, 2024
Miki • Mar 19, 2024
Yes I have those somewhere. Might have to get more. Fortunately I have an older one. Right after they came up with ones that rejected "non genuine" cups. Kind of like my printer but after I acknowledge the bitching it does, it prints.

Reusables are the best bet. Put the grounds in from a can of ground coffee and off-you-go. If I can't find the ones I had I'll just get more.

-----------------------------------------------------
shebakesalot​(sub female)
1 month ago • Mar 19, 2024
shebakesalot​(sub female) • Mar 19, 2024
Mine are mostly baking-related (because of course!)
1. Tablespoon of vinegar or lemon juice per cup of milk = buttermilk. Cause I always forget to buy it....
2. Uncooked rice on the bottoms of a muffin tin helps pull grease away so you don't have soggy cupcake liners (and helps with the rise).
3. Quickest way to room temp butter (because I also always forget to take it out when I want to bake) is to microwave two cups of water in a microwave safe bowl/cup for two minutes, remove cup of water when it's done, then pop the butter (on a plate or in a bowl) into the microwave for ~10 minutes. Residual heat/steam helps it cool down faster.
aPeepingMom​(sub female)
1 month ago • Mar 26, 2024
aPeepingMom​(sub female) • Mar 26, 2024
bdsamworld wrote:
If they're stainless steel pans you can use bar keepers friend. I had a fire in one of my pans. I was able to restore it with bar keepers friend. You can also use baking soda, make a paste and leave it on for about 15-20 minutes. (Or longer if you have ADHD like me 😬🤦🏼‍♀️). It might take a few times to get the bits off.

BKF is the best stuff ever! I use it to clean my pots and pans, and the powder version is the best cleaner for my smooth-top electric stove.