Online now
Online now

Personals

rapidlyhip​(switch male)
1 month ago • Mar 30, 2024
rapidlyhip​(switch male) • Mar 30, 2024
As someone who was active on the personals I found them to be admittedly somewhat defeatist. Given that I’m actively looking, I’d try responding to ads and very often got nothing back. It felt like an exercise in futility. Maybe 5% would respond to messages where I was responding to ads.
Steellover​(sub male)
1 month ago • Mar 31, 2024
Steellover​(sub male) • Mar 31, 2024
While I never browsed the personals site here very much, I suspect your experience is pretty common, actually. On another, now defunct, kink dating site, I found the same thing- and I suspect it is that many women are so inundated with requests that even thoughtfully crafted and respectful introduction letters (that is, not crude or pushy and with no nude, cock shots, etc.) still get junk-filed as a matter of course.
UpFromTheAshes​(switch gender queer)
1 month ago • Apr 1, 2024
Personally, I have been sorry to see the Personals go if for no other reason than that I immediately began getting propositioned by private message, where that hadn't been much of an issue before. Since I am not a woman, it remains an inconvenience rather than a major problem (having been at one time perceived as a woman, I'm keenly aware of just how bad it can be)
Miki
1 month ago • Apr 2, 2024
Miki • Apr 2, 2024
UpFromTheAshes wrote:
Personally, I have been sorry to see the Personals go if for no other reason than that I immediately began getting propositioned by private message, where that hadn't been much of an issue before. Since I am not a woman, it remains an inconvenience rather than a major problem (having been at one time perceived as a woman, I'm keenly aware of just how bad it can be)

Oh brother... I got those all along, probably because I never would be caught dead in Personals or the chat rooms so they used "alternative channels". As a woman I expected as much, did not "junk file" or block anyone, as a simple reply "I'm Not Looking" was enough for them to resume their search in here. That you're not a woman and still got those... I can see where such would be an inconvenience.

All the inbox-jamming was earlier on in my stay in here. These days the message is pretty well "out there" I'm not looking but am open for good, general conversation. A lot of guys do, then wander off once all the pleasantries and basic info are addressed, which is cool. No harm no foul, "good luck" and al that happy crappy.
Leezee​(dom male)
3 weeks ago • Apr 6, 2024
Leezee​(dom male) • Apr 6, 2024
I'd love to see some form of a verification system if they come back. That would greatly cut down on the scammers, fakes, and time wasters. And I would be much more willing to post and browse some type of personal or whatever they implement if I knew that those posting and responding were who they claim! I think that could help retain others to the site as well if you don't have to worry as much about fakes/scams. But just my thoughts
kindle​(sub female)

Kudo's to The Cage

kindle​(sub female) • Apr 6, 2024
Personally I've been thoroughly impressed with thecage's classy and humble platform and baffled why there aren't more members here. The sleezy and tasteless options like Alt.com for instance show constant complaints of fakes and spammers. What a breath of fresh air to find a more dignified and considerate lifestyle website, with no ads too. My only reason for not renewing was the lack of members and would gladly pay more than the small fee they currently offer if there were more U.S. members. Kudo's to thecage, it's a hidden gem and represent a quality place to meet like minded people.
Steellover​(sub male)
Steellover​(sub male) • Apr 6, 2024
Agree, and I was once on Alt as well as a now-defunct site called Collarspace (previously Collarme.) The former was, well, it wasn't worth the paid subscription rate, lets just say. Not when it was like 400 men for every woman (which isn't that uncommon for most kink dating sites, sadly.) While the latter, while free, seemed to be chock full of 18-22 year old female college students who were either into "Financial domination" (their only "kink" interest of course) or "Sugar Baby Seeks Sugar Daddy" type posts. (notice a pattern here?) And that was just the ones who weren't spammers, bots, or "Women" pretending to be from the US but who actually lived in Russia, China or Nigeria.
Edd15​(sub male)
3 weeks ago • Apr 7, 2024
Edd15​(sub male) • Apr 7, 2024
I really enjoy everything about this site. It is basic and user friendly, not lots of bells and whistles. Keep up the great work! Thank you.