Online now
Online now

The Cage Appreciation Thread

aradialspire​(dom femme)
3 weeks ago • Apr 6, 2024

The Cage Appreciation Thread

aradialspire​(dom femme) • Apr 6, 2024
I personally love The Cage, and here's why.

I had to verify when I signed up, and I thought that was GREAT. It cuts down on the nonsense.

I only see profile genitalia I CHOOSE to see; all the pics are blurred out unless I foolishly decide to unhide them! How amazing!

I can turn off all messaging! I did! I only talk to people that I! Me! MYSELF! Initiate contact with! I do not get messages from ANYONE I don't want to talk to! It's fucking AMAZING! On most other websites, even as a Dominant, you get annoyed by meat topping from the bottom hell-subs that need to be thrown off a cliff, but not as much here.

The forums are great, even if sometimes we all post a stupid thread, and it gets away from us, and we wish we hadn't. You can't delete anything! I love it! Even better, sometimes, it gets terribly messy! Who doesn't love mess?

It's just a nice little site, and I enjoy it. And I enjoy all of you icon_smile.gif

What do you think about The Cage?
    The most loved post in topic
Steellover​(sub male)
Steellover​(sub male) • Apr 6, 2024
As I said in the "Personals" post, I love it. I come here mainly for blogs and forum posts; not really for personals or hook-up potential. I love hearing about other people's lifestyles and dynamics. Partly to share my own experiences but more to learn from the experiences of others. And there are some wonderful people on here, people who I may not be relationship compatible with, but people who nonetheless I love and respect and enjoy talking with on the forums- or reading their blogs.
So yes- I love this site.
Innocent Me​(sub female){Protected}
It's a community! It's a safe...ish place! It's as safe as a place online full of strangers could be! It's allowed me to feel like I belong somewhere. It gives me an outlet for my writing and a place to meet friends with similar lifestyles!

I love seeing the site draw together people like us. I think people in the BDSM lifestyle are just...the best. I'm often saying that people in this lifestyle (I believe) are some of the most mentally/emotionally healthy people in society. We accept our kinks, we accept our lifestyle choice and we'll be damned if people are going to shame us into thinking it's wrong.

I see vanilla people walk around day after day, hiding their thoughts or suffocating their desires because they're scared of what the world will think. I'm sad for those people, I WAS one of those people not too long ago. The feeling of saying it out loud, "I am a submissive"..."I enjoy kink"..."I have a Daddy Dom"...the relief when you finally accept that part of yourself is indescribable. I get to hang out in a place full of people that understand that feeling!

I wouldn't be where I am without this site. I'm not sure I would have ever found a place I felt comfortable enough to explore my submission if I hadn't stumbled upon this site in an article I was reading online.

So, yeah...my favorite thing about The Cage is the sense of community it's created. ❤
Satindragon
Satindragon • Apr 6, 2024
This has become like home away from home. Yes we have bad actors but the good far outnumber the bad. I have made several good friends here. I've even meet some of them in person. My best friend is a Dom who lives here. It's hard to find someone who wants nothing from you but friendship.

I too stumbled onto this site by accident while in search of knowledge. I love the features here that the OP mentioned. I also love that when you need a break you can deactivate your account until you are ready to come back.

One of my favorite things is that it's easy to navigate. Even an ole dragon like me can blog, post tunes, photos and memes.

Another thing I love is that we are ad free!!

Thank you Cage staff for all you do to make our site the best!
I'mME

Re: The Cage Appreciation Thread

I'mME • Apr 6, 2024
aradialspire wrote:
I personally love The Cage, and here's why.

I had to verify when I signed up, and I thought that was GREAT. It cuts down on the nonsense.

I only see profile genitalia I CHOOSE to see; all the pics are blurred out unless I foolishly decide to unhide them! How amazing!

I can turn off all messaging! I did! I only talk to people that I! Me! MYSELF! Initiate contact with! I do not get messages from ANYONE I don't want to talk to! It's fucking AMAZING! On most other websites, even as a Dominant, you get annoyed by meat topping from the bottom hell-subs that need to be thrown off a cliff, but not as much here.

The forums are great, even if sometimes we all post a stupid thread, and it gets away from us, and we wish we hadn't. You can't delete anything! I love it! Even better, sometimes, it gets terribly messy! Who doesn't love mess?

It's just a nice little site, and I enjoy it. And I enjoy all of you icon_smile.gif

What do you think about The Cage?

Aradial,

I think you summed it up quite nicely.
aPeepingMom​(sub female)
3 weeks ago • Apr 7, 2024
aPeepingMom​(sub female) • Apr 7, 2024
I love this space. I have learned so much from being here. I’ve listened to people’s POV on things I hadn’t considered, or things I thought I’d already decided on. My thoughts and views have been expanded and enhanced because of everyone here.

Even the jerks and assholes have made an impact. They’ve helped me identify things I prefer more/less of, self reflect on my own behaviors and ask if I would want to be perceived that way, and accept that we are who we are and while I may think they’re an ass… others don’t!

So to all of the Cage members, thank you. Thank you for being true to yourself, regardless of what others think of you. If you can’t be your true self here, then where?
shebakesalot​(sub female)
3 weeks ago • Apr 7, 2024
shebakesalot​(sub female) • Apr 7, 2024
Like Satin, I found this site when researching and learning about BDSM and I'm so glad I did find The Cage! icon_smile.gif I've met several lovely people on here and felt very welcomed from the very first day I joined. It reminds me of my LiveJournal days of blogging (but in a good way!). Love the community, the challenges, the forum topics. And thank you to everyone who has helped make this the community that it is
lambsone
3 weeks ago • Apr 9, 2024
lambsone • Apr 9, 2024
I agree, it's a nice and decent place to interact with others in the lifestyle.
SassyinCali​(sub female)
3 weeks ago • Apr 9, 2024
SassyinCali​(sub female) • Apr 9, 2024
I feel comfortable here. I like how user friendly it is. I have found some other sites overwhelming.

There are some amazingly supportive people here as well as wonderful staff. Yes, there are insincere people around, but that is everywhere.

I enjoy this site and feel a sense of belonging.
Miki
3 weeks ago • Apr 10, 2024
Miki • Apr 10, 2024
I like it. As always a mix of decent people and not so decent people... Similar to anywhere else online be it of BDSM nature or not.

Certainly better to me than "social media" platforms which I won't be caught dead in. ( as in "X", "Tik Tok" and whatever else they have out there. )

While I admire how Cage is run and its varied members, but I'm not going to swoon over it.

Eventually I'll pull up the proverbial stakes and move on, and I'll be just fine.

that's just how I roll.