Online now
Online now

is there an "Outside world" and a "Kinky world" OR ...

SageFlame​(sub female)
3 weeks ago • Apr 10, 2024
SageFlame​(sub female) • Apr 10, 2024
Boxing in and creating a niche society feels good to a lot of people. It feels safe and creates a strong sense of belonging. There are rules and guidelines with protocol to be followed. Ask yourself when these things have been noted in history. That is food for thought.

My entrance into BDSM came in the second half of life. I had already put my should"" and "should not" taken off the stage of life. The irony is having a sense of adventure and openness is what propelled me past the threshold into this "world". I quickly came across the "should" and "should not" . The segregation of terms and lifestyle is interesting to say the least.

My perspective on this happens to align with my philosophy in that separation is only an illusion. I see segregation is a coping mechanism for what we don't understand or just follow because it has always been that way or better yet we segregate to belong. I have never seen the two lifestyles any more than I see a naturalist researcher and a trial lawyer being in different worlds. There choices led them to where they are and having different vocations or interests does not make a division but rather a cause for celebration.

I do understand the need for privacy which leads to a sense of secrecy. This creates the feeling of separateness. There is also the heavy judgement that comes with being different and misunderstood. Another reason why this practice was underground in secret societies tucked away from daylight and peering eyes with fiery tongues. Fear is the strongest motivator known to the earth.

Personally, I see all life choices like a variety of trees, shrubs and animals in the forest. We are all here together with different perspectives and different experiences but it is all just life and living together. Some see a castle, mote with a dungeon separating them from the outside world.

Unity is always there, we just need to learn to trust in it. That being said, I believe in respect and having room for others whose beliefs don't match my own. After all, I'm not into control or controlling people, just Dominance and submission!