Online now
Online now

Banking Curiosity

SageFlame​(sub female)
3 weeks ago • Apr 10, 2024

Banking Curiosity

SageFlame​(sub female) • Apr 10, 2024
In a D/s relationship, I see the power exchange as a cycle; both persons feeding and receiving. IF a D/s were a banker and an investor duo, who do you see as the investor, and who is the banker?
lambsone
lambsone • Apr 10, 2024
I see the D as the banker and the s as the investor.

The s invests herself/himself in her/his D. But he/she also has the responsibility of taking her/his investment and expanding on it.

A Win/win for both.
Varangian​(dom male)
Varangian​(dom male) • Apr 10, 2024
SageFlame wrote:
Varangian wrote:
Neither. I see them both as investors

And the bank would represent what?

Greed, selfishness, loneliness, imbalance, yin and yin.
    The most loved post in topic
Miki
3 weeks ago • Apr 11, 2024
Miki • Apr 11, 2024
lambsone wrote:
I see the D as the banker and the s as the investor.

The s invests herself/himself in her/his D. But he/she also has the responsibility of taking her/his investment and expanding on it.

A Win/win for both.

Sometimes... When dealing with banks and bankers watch your pockets.

Not as bad as having to retain a shyster (legal eagles, barristers.. whatever moniker applies) In those "cases"-- watch your pockets, your arm and leg, first-born (if any) and always know where your mother is. If she's still walking the Earth an accomplished mouthpiece can make a good case for "selling your own mother for a couple bucks"

Just sayin'

----------------------------------------------------------

As for the original, a query with manifold points of view and responses. I'd say IMHO neither. Those who regard relationships and dynamics with a material or financial POV-- have a different view than mine.
Literate Lycan​(dom male)
3 weeks ago • Apr 11, 2024
Literate Lycan​(dom male) • Apr 11, 2024
I take this as metaphorical and I concur with Varangian. Both Dominant and submissive are investing in the relationship and banking the proceeds. If both members are involved in a) investing in each other and b) investing in the dynamic, then the interest received will be amplified.

It’s a win-win as indicated above. I would further say the bank, or the institute wherein the transactions are taking place, is the dynamic itself. The dynamic relationship where the exchange of commodities takes place.

It’s kind of like they are both not just the President of the Hair Club, they are members! 😎