Online now
Online now

Your Five Star Meal, and your lazy meal

Squeedoodle​(sub trans woman){Taken}
3 weeks ago • Apr 14, 2024

Your Five Star Meal, and your lazy meal

You just went grocery shopping, you have the next few days off, no social nor work commitments, and tons of energy (look at you go!). All the prep, marinating, and cooking time in the world, the ingredients fresh and at the ready, so you can make whatever you want, taking as much or as little time as you need. What creation do you unleash upon the world?

The next week... well, good news, you're still technically alive! With no energy, no thoughts, head empty. You get back home, and just want something easy. Something comforting. Chicken nuggets? Bag of chips? Nothing requiring more work than a sheetpan in the oven or a single pot of boiling water, or simply opening a package. Don't listen to the haters, Ben and Jerry's is totally dinner! So what do you reach for?
Squeedoodle​(sub trans woman){Taken}
My answers:

I'm actually not that great of a cook, so for me "fancy" is just indicative of the fact that it involves marinating overnight. So ~sophisticated~.

I dice up chicken, marinate it over night in sriracha and soy sauce, then the next day I make a pot of rice, steam some broccoli, fry up the chicken in a skillet along with chopped onions and black beans, then mix it all together at the end. It is filling, salty, savory, and relatively healthy (unless rice is your enemy).

For the lazy meal, probably frozen grocery store buffalo wings. Sometimes when you've had a rough day, the best medicine is trash. 😁
    The most loved post in topic
Innocent Me​(sub female){Protected}
Mole, rice, beans and tortillas all from scratch. One of my aunts makes it from scratch, she's from Mexico and it is one of the best things I've ever tasted. It takes a while though and isn't the easiest recipe to master. icon_smile.gif

My easy meal is...probably pretty typical...chicken nuggets (good quality nuggets, not the dino ones lol) and fries with Chic-fil-a sauce. Lol
lambsone
3 weeks ago • Apr 15, 2024
lambsone • Apr 15, 2024
Five Star Meal: Cabbage Rolls

Sokolowski's restaurant in Cleveland, Ohio shared their recipe once on a PBS program and I copied it down. I made them and then gave some to an older friend at work. When she ate them for dinner, she called right away and said "My God, I haven't tasted them this way since my grandmother made them."

Lazy meal: White Cheddar Popcorn from Dollar Tree.
Miki
3 weeks ago • Apr 15, 2024
Miki • Apr 15, 2024
Wow! (Sorry I can't respond as having read the whole post-- I got the gist of it) -- because I am not only deaf-as-a-board but I am incompatible with walls of text because I am slightly cross-eyed (among other shit) But to cut to the chase:

I totally love slo-cook anything from roast beef to chicken to duck-meat and beyond... (well I'll pass on the Road Kill Network thanx)

What's mostly "absentee-cook" and easy cleaning-- I'm down.

I was raised as "None go to bed with dishes in the sink"-- Old Fart talk, but useful to this day, so anything I can prepare with a modicum of attention and quick "spray hot water" nozzle rocks with Me!