Online now
Online now

Sub or Dom… when you look in the mirror ... What Do You see?

Samsea​(dom male)
5 years ago • Oct 8, 2018

Sub or Dom… when you look in the mirror ... What Do You see?

Samsea​(dom male) • Oct 8, 2018
I am of an age where I have put all that “Am I good looking enough, losing my hair, smart enough, breast big enough, my equipment to small, not tall enough,” (at 5ft 8in) your loss to the lady who only wants guys 6ft plus. But I hope you get where this is going; it’s all about self-esteem and not seeing ourselves as others see us.

Let me tell you a story…. Please bear with me as it is relevant to all of us on The Gate.
A good few year ago I had a pub, as it turned out I was quite good as ‘mine host’ and as a single licensee in my mid-twenties the pub had a very vibrant young crowd, Lots of girls and men young, free and single as the saying goes; and up for a good time in the town a few miles away where the main night-life was. Once I had shut up shop in the pub, this was back in the days when licensing laws were 10-30 pm closing in the week, 11 pm on a Saturday night.
Then it was all off to the Disco. OK, nightclub, bar call it what you will until the early hours. Now this is where it becomes relevant… there was this girl, let’s say her name was Georgina, she regularly used my pub and was in a word gorgeous, not just good looking, but really beautiful, stunning hair and figure the lot; she looked so clean that you could eat of any part of her body. (I am sure all your ladies can appreciate a nice looking woman as well as us men)

As it turned out she was the mate of one of my best friends (female) I had the warning go near Georgina and you and me are finished. Well, friends are friends as they say at that was it she was off the menu, well mine at least.

No here’s the thing Georgina could not get a boyfriend; yes, she had pissed up idiots round her like fly’s, but regular nice guys none. Trouble was they all though that they never stood a chance, too afraid to get knocked back, like she was out of their league.
Well this night she is standing with a group of girls and this guy comes up to me. “You came in with the blond” he asks, yes she is a mate. “Oh”, says he then over the next hour he takes on more booze until were are getting near to the slow ones. The dance floor was sunken with three steps down onto the dance floor. So I am watching this guy, he puts his glass down and makes his move shuffling through all the bodies on the dance floor, he gets to within about fifteen feet of Georgina and she gets a tap on the shoulders nods to the new guy and takes to the dance floor with him. Well, the guy who spoke to me nearly collapsed as his ‘prize’ was snatched from him just when it was in reach.

Later as we were leaving Georgina says to me: “Sam do you know who that guy who came up and spoke to you a couple of times, I would have loved a dance with him instead of the one who asked me right as it was closing.”
So a lesson to all of us: We are not what we see in the mirror when we look at ourselves, others see a different me than I do, learn to love the me.
Be brave; you never know unless you ask.
Good luck in your search
Sam
    The most loved post in topic
Notely
5 years ago • Oct 9, 2018
Notely • Oct 9, 2018
Well you gotta love your self take care yourself be confident.
Samsea​(dom male)
5 years ago • Oct 9, 2018
Samsea​(dom male) • Oct 9, 2018
CrazySexyCool​ and Stepfordbride​,
Thank you for your comments, love yourself, you are the only ME that you have...
LordofPain56
5 years ago • Oct 10, 2018
LordofPain56 • Oct 10, 2018
At my peak growth, I stood 5'-6" tall and never weighed more than 102# my entire life. One time when I was a kid about 12 yrs old, I went to a square-dance and this girl who went to my school latched on to me at the dance like she was never gonna let me go. She was a towering two and a half heads taller than me. I ran out of that place like nothin you ever seen. Many years later, that same girl was still trying to follow me around.
But for a runt, I done more than my share. I've built houses and torn them down, plowed the south forty (acres), finished two body-off-frame antique car restorations and even have built my own tools as well as rebuilt all types of equipment. I've hand my hands in just about every facet in the world of work all with great success.
God didn't give me the most desirable outward appearance, but He did give me talent, an eye for detail, perseverence, drive and many other abilities as well as decent personal characteristics. It is perhaps for us whom you might think are lacking in the appearance department, that the ladies might be more inclined to look deeper.
I would not have traded a taller and more stout frame for those things that God gave me. I think He did it just right. If the ladies pass me by for only what they can see with the naked eye, let them keep walking.
Samsea​(dom male)
5 years ago • Oct 10, 2018
Samsea​(dom male) • Oct 10, 2018
Lord of Pain...

Thank you for your comments you sum up so much in that last line.

Lord of Pain said: (I would not have traded a taller and more stout frame for those things that God gave me. I think He did it just right. If the ladies pass me by for only what they can see with the naked eye, let them keep walking.)

Oh so true, if I could see my younger self I would say the same thing...thanks