Online now
Online now

Crowding while playing

Rianai​(dom agender)
3 days ago • Oct 12, 2024

Crowding while playing

Rianai​(dom agender) • Oct 12, 2024
Hello all,
For those of us unlucky enough to play in dungeons where courtesy and self preservation seem to disappear I was wondering how you manage people crowding you during a scene.

It never ceases to amaze me how people will stand immediately behind or off to the side of someone swinging something. Often tutting or making comments about how close they are to being hit yet making no attempt to move! This makes it very difficult to manage the scene safely or enjoy it fully as you're doing your best not to hit the human lemmings who have decided to place themselves in harms way.

In my experience asking them to move usually results in "we're fine here" or some space being made before the lemmings inevitably drift back. You can't shout at them for fear of being labelled unresdonable or a 'ttoublemaker' despite ostensibly being in the right. You can't physically remove them for obvious reasons. 'Accidentally' catching thrm gets you a reputation as sloppy or careless

So, how do you fine people manage this when it arises?
Sincorrigible​(sub female)
Sincorrigible​(sub female) • Oct 12, 2024
An ex of mine used to walk quietly up to people too close, lean in to them, and say, 'back the fuck off' he had a rather menacing way about him and didn't give a toss about being labelled a troublemaker or unreasonable. And I suspect you will mostly find that the ones standing too close, aren't the ones you need to worry about re protecting /establishing your reputation. They clearly don't have much of a clue..

Dungeon play 101.....don't do anything to interfere with others' play....

Probably the only real way to deal with it is report to DMs and get them to deal. It's probably repeat offender /offenders.
    The most loved post in topic
vv V vv​(sadist male)
vv V vv​(sadist male) • Oct 12, 2024
I can be unreasonable and a troublemaker so the label doesn’t bother me, and asking someone to “Back the fuck off” menacingly is fun but not always effective they do creep back.

You didn’t state what you’re swinging so it’s difficult to answer, I have in the past used a whip to clear the back blast area by gently flicking it behind me across the the floor and the feet of anybody to close and they backed off.

Sounds like this dungeon needs better crowd control if they fail to provide I hear wonderful things about stun guns. Good luck.
I'mME
I'mME • Oct 12, 2024
Anytime you disagree, interrupt someones existence, those who are unaware , incapable of, figuring out that other people aren't just moving through their world go ahead and be disagreeable, unreasonable.

No Dungeon monitor?

Or you could do some messy type of play, and be a little careless.
😆
Rianai​(dom agender)
2 days ago • Oct 13, 2024
Rianai​(dom agender) • Oct 13, 2024
I'mME wrote:
Anytime you disagree, interrupt someones existence, those who are unaware , incapable of, figuring out that other people aren't just moving through their world go ahead and be disagreeable, unreasonable.

No Dungeon monitor?

😆

our dungeons theoretically have them. The issue being (at least where I am) they"re generally friends/partners of the organiser and are too busy chatting or not paying attention. If they even have the experience to do it well! On one occasion the DM started having a scene with heir back to the 3 ongoing in a shared playroom!

Messy...i have always been curious as to the pragmatic combination of custard degradation and body painting with floggers...or at least i am now
Rianai​(dom agender)
vv V vv wrote:
I can be unreasonable and a troublemaker so the label doesn’t bother me, and asking someone to “Back the fuck off” menacingly is fun but not always effective they do creep back.

You didn’t state what you’re swinging so it’s difficult to answer, I have in the past used a whip to clear the back blast area by gently flicking it behind me across the the floor and the feet of anybody to close and they backed off.

Sounds like this dungeon needs better crowd control if they fail to provide I hear wonderful things about stun guns. Good luck.

Do forgive me, i assumed people would fill their own implement in but lets say something of "standard" length such as a long crop or flogger...though i do have a 6 and 12 ft pair of whips that need breaking in...

Scottish dungeons tend to fall into two categories woth DMs amd crowd control. Either really good or "wouldnt norice if they werent there". The latter category are usually in fungeons more focused on numbers in than quality experiemce so its an unfortunate reality that often theres so much crowd theres no way to realistically control them
Rianai​(dom agender)
Sincorrigible wrote:
An ex of mine used to walk quietly up to people too close, lean in to them, and say, 'back the fuck off' he had a rather menacing way about him and didn't give a toss about being labelled a troublemaker or unreasonable. And I suspect you will mostly find that the ones standing too close, aren't the ones you need to worry about re protecting /establishing your reputation. They clearly don't have much of a clue..

Dungeon play 101.....don't do anything to interfere with others' play....

Probably the only real way to deal with it is report to DMs and get them to deal. It's probably repeat offender /offenders.

You'd think it was 101 but sadly youd he wrong. Its alien to me to do something so inconsiderate/stupid. I think i accidentally stood too close to a scene once and got a flogger on the backswing for my (deserved) trouble. Certainly made me pay more attention in future. The notions of beinf so inconsiderate is odd to me

People will people i guess but in mg own experience DMing...I used to call people off if they got too close to scenes and got told off for "nannying"
Kelpi
Kelpi • Oct 13, 2024
I got rude as hell when it happened to a Dom who I was talking to. He was polite enough not to say anything but it pissed me off. When the guy smarted off a second time I asked him to bring his sub and show us all how it was done. When he just looked at me with his mouth open and shocked that I had spoke to him that way. I asked where his sub was? "OH you don't have one here then please shut up and back off." I was "asked" to leave because one does not talk to a part owner in a dungeon like that.

"A dungeon master should keep their nose out of a Doms sesion". It was the last one I went to and asked to go to. It did close down later on for some reason.
I'mME
I'mME • Oct 13, 2024
Rianai wrote:
I'mME wrote:

No Dungeon monitor?

😆

our dungeons theoretically have them. The issue being (at least where I am) they"re generally friends/partners of the organiser and are too busy chatting or not paying attention. If they even have the experience to do it well! On one occasion the DM started having a scene with heir back to the 3 ongoing in a shared playroom!

Messy...i have always been curious as to the pragmatic combination of custard degradation and body painting with floggers...or at least i am now

Yes, custard could potentially land on those standing about.
House Talion​(dom male)
2 days ago • Oct 14, 2024
House Talion​(dom male) • Oct 14, 2024
I keep a dragon tail close for any that get too close. Last time caught a guy on the cheek(face). Chastised by a DM while we laughed about it.