Online now
Online now

why dosen't this work

Bunnie
5 years ago • Oct 28, 2018
Bunnie • Oct 28, 2018
Hi @ rich, I’m not sure if you’ve updated your profile since you wrote this forum, but it looks ok to me icon_smile.gif
I’d suggest just playing around with it as you learn more, and as your ideas about things change. I save my old one each time I change mine (it happens a lot lol), because it’s nice to look back over them and see how far you’ve come. I hope this helps, and good luck, I hope you find what you’re looking for icon_biggrin.gif
Bunnie
Bunnie • Oct 28, 2018
@ ChiNy8687​, I took a peek at yours as well, and I’d say it’s good too icon_smile.gif
Bunnie
Bunnie • Oct 28, 2018
Hi @ SuperSizedBeauty​, I also took a peek at yours. I’d suggest writing a bit of an “about me.” I understand it’s awkward to do that. Have a bit of a look around and check out others’ profiles. That should help to give you an idea of things you might like to share about yourself. Hope this helps a little icon_smile.gif
Savida​(other female)
5 years ago • Oct 29, 2018
Savida​(other female) • Oct 29, 2018
@FabSeverus

While yes, we have to be understanding about those using English as a second language (very impressive I must say, I “know” Spanish but would probably do a wretched job talking to anyone over ten years old), there’s something to be said for putting one’s best foot forward and like, actually trying.

It’s usually obvious when someone hasn’t put thought into a profile/spent more than two seconds on it, which isn’t particularly engaging. So if someone has the goal of attracting people through their profile then yes, stuff like grammar can help with that.

Also, i think it’s worth saying, some of us love a good “English essay” and connect with those sorts of profiles because of the tone and sound of the writing sounds so good to us—it takes all kinds and connection can happen in so many ways.
unsichtbar​(sub female)
unsichtbar​(sub female) • Oct 29, 2018
And, if I may add, sharing something of yourself. I agree, it doesn't matter if you're a native speaker... if you're honest about yourself and who/what you're looking for you will more likely get a positive response than with a copy/paste profile.
@ Stepfordbride: So true! We are all (some more, some less) visual creatures, so I'd recommend not scaring potential partners away because of a picture icon_wink.gif
sweet november​(sub female)
If anyone that has English as a second or third or however many languages you speak, first of all, how cool! Second, if you need/ want help with proof reading and maybe polishing a profile, ...just ask.

I am sure someone would help. But you can most certainly ask me anyway, as I don't speak for everyone else.

And if anyone uses Google translate, yes it's helpful,
But Google translate is like Google maps....it will lead you astray....
FabSeverus​(dom male)
FabSeverus​(dom male) • Oct 29, 2018
Savida wrote:
@FabSeverus

While yes, we have to be understanding about those using English as a second language (very impressive I must say, I “know” Spanish but would probably do a wretched job talking to anyone over ten years old), there’s something to be said for putting one’s best foot forward and like, actually trying.

It’s usually obvious when someone hasn’t put thought into a profile/spent more than two seconds on it, which isn’t particularly engaging. So if someone has the goal of attracting people through their profile then yes, stuff like grammar can help with that.

Also, i think it’s worth saying, some of us love a good “English essay” and connect with those sorts of profiles because of the tone and sound of the writing sounds so good to us—it takes all kinds and connection can happen in so many ways.

Well with your logic people with dyslexia or had problem with education don’t have a chance here?? Nice one! Elitism at its best even in a kink website!
Would like to remind you this website is own by a foreign country
Allie Kat​(sub trans woman){DarkFox}
Hello Sir icon_smile.gif

Personally i think any "instant gratification" is very seldom to last. Acute relationships tend to be acute, however, a real relationship takes work. There are a lot of people on the internet altogether (not just sites like these) who are looking for an instant thrill, and are done with it as quickly as they started. I would suggest either adopting a slow and committed approach, or accepting that you will burn through a lot of these flings very quickly.
shahh
shahh • Oct 29, 2018
FabSeverus wrote:

Well with your logic people with dyslexia or had problem with education don’t have a chance here?? Nice one! Elitism at its best even in a kink website!
Would like to remind you this website is own by a foreign country

I suggest re-reading savidas reply as try to identify where your anger towards her is coming from as she said nothing elitist. Perhaps you are insecure about yourself in some way and have lashed out at another. She commended bilingual people, idenitified her spanish shortcomings and said she enjoys and connects with people through written words. And fyi...having dyslexia doesnt stop one from being able to fluently write....it will often just take more time and editing (i.e. effort).
Hawkeye
Hawkeye • Oct 29, 2018
Actually Shahh you are the one that needs to reread. Savida lead with a phony compliment, then proceeded to stab non English speaking people in the back. She assumed that they were not putting their best foot forward and not putting in any effort. She apparently has magic powers that allow her to know when someone hasn't put any thought into their profile or spent more then two seconds on it. She has these powers even though she knows only one language and not a clue as to the other persons personal situation. She finishes with how some love a " good English essay" because the sound and tone is so good to us.

Fabseverus is 100% correct. Don't believe me. Take your own advice and reread what she wrote. It's all there in black and white.