Online now
Online now

What makes a person safe?

Bunnie
1 day ago • Oct 9, 2026
Bunnie • Oct 9, 2026
These responses have been amazing.
Thank you everyone πŸ™
intenseoldman​(dom male)
7 hours ago • Oct 10, 2026
intenseoldman​(dom male) • Oct 10, 2026
I know if I can hold a space open, be still and let whatever unfold in it, there's safety.
I think I do that well with family and a couple of friends.
I know if more expectations ste held than just showing up and enjoying each other's company, there's danger.
That danger doesn't exist in healthy family relationships and platonic friendships because love in them is more unconditional.
In romantic relationships love isn't unconditional. It's based on chemistry, physical attraction, mutual interest, and fascination.
It's dangerous. Fascination and interest can wane. You also don't chose your family, but you choose your lovers, and who doesn't question their choices at some point?
You bare your souls to each other in romantic relationships and trust that your lover doesn't poke their finger in your pain, and trust yourself not to be so insensitive and ignorant that you poke your finger in theirs.
I've struggled feeling safe and being safe.
I’m trying just to be a good friend.
When there's anxiety and avoidance, I guess you just hold the space open and let it breathe.
Every relationship has to grow to thrive, which means you have to grow. It's just if you're feeling their nerves, you're feeling yours too.
Hold the space open without sabotaging it out of your own self preservation impulses, that's the trick.
Trust is big and I have to trust in more than myself and more than the person I am with. I have to trust the universe that if I hurt them or they hurt me, we're both going to learn and grow.
Where there's love, there's fear, and I've gotten over choosing from fear.
I listen to it, though, and the big question is always β€œwhat are you afraid of?”
There's judgement, abandonment, exposure, and all manner of shit to be afraid of. Well, what if, then? Will I be okay?
Yeah, I will. I am pretty sensitive, but I'm pretty tough, too.
Be still, hold that space open, and see what happens.
I guess in answer to your question, people who aren't safe are those who consciously try to control by conquering space or subconsciously try to control by flooding it with their anxiety.
I mean, if you've let someone nail you to a table, you sure as he'll know a lot more about who's safe than I do icon_wink.gif.
I thank you for the opportunity to reflect on it, and see where I am in my own journey, though. icon_smile.gif
NotYouGiggles​(sub female)Verified Account
1 hour ago • Oct 10, 2026
NotYouGiggles​(sub female)Verified Account • Oct 10, 2026
The safety question is exceptional. First, I need to consider what I define as safety. I think someone who hears me. Who lets me exist whole and doesn't tell me I'm too much. I can give quite a bit of what I don't consider safe. However, how I judge safety does truly depend on what level of safety we are talking about.

I find my safety detection system to be broken...as it has not been the best at keeping me safe.