Online now
Online now

Influences of kink

KittySunflower​(sub female)
5 years ago • Dec 1, 2018
Nothing influenced me. Even though many forms of entertainment are influencers.
Some people even feel someone who was abused that that could have been an influencer.
For me... Sex had always needed to be kinky I needed the sensation. It can't be there same boring thing. I need to feel someone emotionally. I need to explore and be explored.
I was with a friend watching tv and he put it on a channel talking about bdsm from that moment I knew that's what was missing. I was intrigued and wanted to explore more. I can't be without it.
BrooklynDOMlover
5 years ago • Dec 3, 2018
BrooklynDOMlover • Dec 3, 2018
At a very young age, I naturally gravitated towards movies where the lead characters were dominant captivating men. I use to secretly view certain fictional characters as my role models growing up, I would roleplay their mannerisms, how they talk, overall body language, etc. in front of the mirror for long periods of time when I was a kid. It was kind of obsessive. I viewed being a Dom as a way of life, and I saw some traits within myself in some of these fictional movie characters I admired. I also believe that I could have been substituting the absence of my father with some of these fictional movie characters.
There's more than what I have listed, but I will list the Top-3 films that had a large influence in my being a Dom, although I think I was just born this way and naturally gravitated to these characters because I saw a little bit of myself in them in some form. More of a reflection of my inner self.
1- Michael Corleone - "The Godfather 1&2"
2- Mr. Grey - "Secretary"
3- Edward Lewis - "Pretty Woman"
curiouskittyy​(sub female){GentlemanX}
@ BrooklynDOMlover,

I think its really interesting that you chose to look up to fictional characters more than real ones. Though I do think that’s common. Perhaps the natural gravitation towards dominant characteristics was due to a unique combination of innate predispositions and the absence of your father. Thank you for sharing your story. This to me shows that our choices seem to be a mixture of nature and nurture.

I have never seen the secretary - though I’ve heard so many things about it. I should really find time to sit down and watch that and 50 shades of grey (since so many complain about it lol). Wow, I also never even considered pretty woman but that’s a good one.
EnforcedBliss​(dom male)
EnforcedBliss​(dom male) • Dec 3, 2018
One of the most powerful memories I have is of being 4 or 5 years old and being really, REALLY into it when Snidely Whiplash would tie the damsel to the tracks on Dudley Doright cartoons.

There was a book series I read as a teen called MIA Hunter (don't judge me) and the scenes were women were being interrogated were always favourites of mine.

Blue Velvet - the film by David Lynch. No sense trying to describe Lynch lol. It's a bit of a hard watch but extremely worth it.