Online now
Online now

Difficulty with kneeling

Savida​(other female)
5 years ago • Nov 12, 2018

Difficulty with kneeling

Savida​(other female) • Nov 12, 2018
Hi all...

I feel a little squirmy and embarrassed admitting to this, but I can’t kneel in that traditional way of showing submission for very long at all (things that involve sitting back on your heels, like the gorean nadu position or the same thing with the knees close together).

The sharpness of the angle my knees get bent at combined with all that pressure being concentrated at one area, the hardness of the floor beneath and the intense stretch of thigh muscles make doing that uncomfortable in the bad way.

Does anyone else have this problem? It’s a small thing, and no one has ever pressured me about it, but I want to figure out either ways to make it easier or viable alternatives. I know the submissives guide YouTube channel has a video about this, but was wondering if anyone had other resources to share or personal experience to offer.

Also if this topic has been posted before...oops! I’m on mobile and if there’s a way to search forums I’ve missed it.
MasterBear​(other butch)
MasterBear​(other butch) • Nov 12, 2018
My love cant kneel either.

That doesn't make her less in any way.

We do other things so that I honor her body and she honors my Mastery.

Rule number ONE- DONT BREAK THE TOYS
    The most loved post in topic
HuntertheYeenQueen​(dom femme){Allie Kat}
I'd say that your Dom should be respectful of this issue, and either not require you on your knees like that, either at all or not for long, or s/he should be willing to help you stay comfortable.

I have an issue with my knees too, so it's hard for me to be on top with my husband, or to kneel when I go down on him. I usually will try to take a preventative ibuprophen which helps, or i stretch out as much as i can if i know I'm doing something on my knees. Also if it's a matter of just kneeling, buy yourself a pillow specifically for that. It helps to have a cushion. icon_smile.gif
Savida​(other female)
Thanks all, I appreciate your kind responses. It’s a self imposed pressure, but, well I like the idea of it so much I hope to find out if it’s possible.

But at the end of the day, it’s such a small thing and what we all do is so much bigger than a position or two...sometimes maybe I get bogged down in the details. ❤
Savida​(other female)
@rosemaryandmint

Thank you for the tip--maybe it's a matter of practice makes easier? i know part of the struggle is the stretch I feel in my muscles.

@ FabSeverus

Now that I see that post you linked, I realize the topic has been brought up before because I remember reading it now that I've seen it. And yes, no question about it, it looks like dollMaker did reply to that. He and I have talked about this before (talked about as in, "it's not a problem, don't you worry your head over it for a second").

To everyone:
Just in case, because I sense a little of this in the replies I'm asking this question for me, because I think it's a thing my body might be able to learn to do a bit better and I was curious about other's experiences. dollMaker in no way is trying to make me do anything I am not comfortable doing, we literally never talk about this. I was curious for my own sake, so I sincerely hope no one thinks badly of dollMaker because of this question!
ChillVibes​(sub male)
ChillVibes​(sub male) • Nov 12, 2018
I don't know how helpful this will turn out to be, but a lot of contractors who work on the ground and in one area for long periods of time have these special foam pads that they lay down on the ground, which in my experience are super comfortable, can maybe provide a little more support without having the unsightly and uncomfortable knee pads strapped to your legs.

Something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Custom-Leathercraft-302-Absorption-Kneeling/dp/B003UESK5K/ref=asc_df_B003UESK5K/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=198055185038&hvpos=1o3&hvnetw=g&hvrand=17041954118349050185&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9004342&hvtargid=pla-348913742106&psc=1
Satindragon
Satindragon • Nov 12, 2018
As I am an older submissive kneeling can be difficult. It takes time to stretch those muscles so that it is comfortable. I find it easier if I focus on relaxing as I sit back. To practice I sit back and hold that position as long as I can then raise up on my knees and sit back again. This has help me a lot.
Phanes​(dom male)
Phanes​(dom male) • Nov 12, 2018
I don't believe this has been mentioned yet? But if your knee on hard floors use a pillow of some sort or soft rug to kneel on period saved the knees. Also limit the amount of time in that position that is comfortable enough to do.