Online now
Online now

"collared" status

silentone​(dom male)
5 years ago • Nov 29, 2018

"collared" status

silentone​(dom male) • Nov 29, 2018
for the new folks on here or the ones that need it spelled out in words they understand, (sorry we can not do pictures for you, but will try to use little words for you)

When someone changes their status in the "collared" space (I dont think it should be called that btw) it means something!

so here is what some of the popular ones mean
Not looking - that means they don't want msgs asking if they are still looking. You want to just chat, fine.
Protected - if you bother them or act impolite to them prepare for a response from the Protector and it may not be a nice response. Again to chat is ok but beware
their protector is near by

Owned - they are TAKEN be very careful what you do and or say here. No they do not want to hear how you are a better one. If they did they would take Owned off their
profile.

Collared - Leave them alone !!!!

Most experienced folks here know this and follow these ideas most of the time. BUt for thos if you who didn't know ..... now you do .

The above is just my opinion and I would love to hear your's.
FabSeverus​(dom male)
FabSeverus​(dom male) • Nov 29, 2018
MasterBear the online ones have to collar themselves I guess....trying not laughting

good reminder Tallone, seems like some dum * cant respect simple rules.

*dom sorry
MasterBear​(other butch)
MasterBear​(other butch) • Nov 29, 2018
I thought it was a little silly when I first heard it.

Then I really talked to the ppl that did it.
It helped them, made them feel stable especially after an abusive relationship.
It helped remind them to do self care and that they had self worth.
It imbued them with a sense that what they have to offer has value.

After that I stopped giggling.
    The most loved post in topic
Redtailedkitty
Redtailedkitty • Nov 29, 2018
Hmmm. Just throwing this out there. I am collared and owned. But am also poly. And with my Sir’s full knowledge and consent I can interact with whom I choose and how I choose. So to assume a collared submissive is off limits is not true. Instead of assuming, read the profiles and politely ask questions. icon_smile.gif
Fudbar​(dom male){❤️❤️❤️}
Redtailedkitty wrote:
Hmmm. Just throwing this out there. I am collared and owned. But am also poly. And with my Sir’s full knowledge and consent I can interact with whom I choose and how I choose. So to assume a collared submissive is off limits is not true. Instead of assuming, read the profiles and politely ask questions. icon_smile.gif

Apparently there are some who feel they get to define what someone else's collar means.

They don't. They won't ask, they'd rather gripe.
silentone​(dom male)

I stand corrected

silentone​(dom male) • Nov 29, 2018
Redtailedkitty wrote:

Good point - thanks - I should have added that to the collared as well. Read the profile. In the tech world we have RTFM first ( read the friendly manual )
maybe we need a RTFP first !

Not telling anyone what they mean. Just what the "norm" is. and again just my opinion.

There are many different things put in that space other than these . the bottom line is respect what is there. It is usually there for a reason.
TooTallD​(dom male)
TooTallD​(dom male) • Nov 29, 2018
Just a suggestion...

This comes off as a rant and slightly inflammatory rather than informative due to the tone and verbiage used.

You might want to change that. If you're in the tech field you probably have familiarity with knowledge management articles, use that familiarity to build something rational/insightful that other community members can point to when something like this comes up that you don't like. icon_smile.gif We'll all appreciate you for it.
HuntertheYeenQueen​(dom femme){Allie Kat}
I have to agree with this. So many people ignore the collared status on both my and my love's names, and I'm getting so, so tired of the messages daily asking me to Domme people, when 1) I have the collared status, which, I understand doesn't 100% mean that I'm closed, but I am, and 2) I have it stated /very clearly/ on my profile that I'm not here to find other people. The lack of respect I keep seeing is... Exhausting. It takes 2 seconds to look and see for sure if someone is actually interested in what you want. I don't understand why that is such a hard concept.

Glad to see others feel the way I do about it.