Online now
Online now

Open letter

UntitledHearts
5 years ago • Dec 5, 2018

Open letter

UntitledHearts • Dec 5, 2018
Dear new submissive,

I am so proud of you for taking the first step to unlocking your true self! Welcome to the Cage. We are all a great community of people and I sincerely hope that you have a great time here. Know that you will meet people here that will bring you joy, some that will give you the heebie-jeebies and some that are just awesome. Just a few things to think about:

Be true to yourself. You cannot be happy with anyone else if you aren't getting what you need. Note that I said need here, not want. You can want things all day long but your needs are what are most important here.

We are all here for various reasons but at the base of them all, we are here because we need this. The community, the kink, the understanding of others like us. Keep sight of what you need. Always.

You may meet someone who seems to speak to you on a deep level, and they may actually end up being your dominant, but take a moment and make sure you aren't just going through subfrenzy (if you don't know what frenzy is, research is your friend!). Frenzy can lead to damage to you and or your mind later. Don't jump into anything right out of the gate.

No good Dom or Domme is going to demand your submission straight away. If they do, run!

Your submission is YOUR gift to give and for your dominant to earn. You hold that power over yourself until your dominant has earned and proven to you that they are worthy of your trust and submission. This is the power exchange.

Kneel for yourself. What does that even mean SSK? Do things for the betterment of YOU. Meditation, reading, taking a long bath, whatever the case may be... You have to be able to submit to your own needs before submitting to another.

Never be afraid to ask/get what you want and need. You may feel like a bad person because a situation does not work out for various reasons including lack of attraction. Don't. You know what you need and things you require to feel safe.

The most important thing is ssc. Safe, sane, consensual!

I know there's more to it than this, but these are the things I wish everyone to know off the top of my head.

Much love,

SSK ?
    The most loved post in topic