Online now
Online now

What makes a good Dom

Tnjoker​(dom male){My Harley}
5 years ago • Feb 5, 2019

What makes a good Dom

Let me apologize in advance if this question has already been asked and answered but it has been weighing heavily on my mind and i wanted to ask the very knowledgeable group here to shed some light please. In your opinion, what makes a good Dom? I know that is a very broad question but i welcome all the thoughts. If anyone wishes to reach out to me to discuss further I would be happy to talk too anyone.

Thanks in advance
Chris
Asteria​(neither female)
Asteria​(neither female) • Feb 5, 2019
Openness; honesty; integrity; empathy; ability to listen; willingness to learn; accountability; patience...

That's for starters icon_smile.gif
    The most loved post in topic
Kara​(sub female){Dark Roast}
Appreciation for the submissive as a person. I am always amazed at the little things that he does to show interest outside the dynamic, such as knowing my preferences and taking steps to make sure that I am well cared for in ways that show he truly cares for the whole me.
GandolphThe8​(dom male)
GandolphThe8​(dom male) • Feb 5, 2019
I agree with Kara and Asteria both, with the caveat that what separates a really good dom from the crowd is good communication skills that begin with listening skills. Communication is the exemplification of respect, honor, and integrity.
I am so glad you said that alawey. So many seem to forget that part. So if a Dom and his submissive have an understanding and it doesnt take away from the relationship that we have, just because others don't like it does that mean that one is a bad Dom ?
Loulou​(sub female)
Loulou​(sub female) • Feb 5, 2019
For me communication is key and consistency.
A true teacher and guider of roles and responsibilities expected of the submissive.
Last of all patience is important too.
alawey​(sub female){(OWNED BY }
Tnjoker wrote:
I am so glad you said that alawey. So many seem to forget that part. So if a Dom and his submissive have an understanding and it doesnt take away from the relationship that we have, just because others don't like it does that mean that one is a bad Dom ?

I think that while that is true , there are things to look at for. For example there is a HUGH difference between being a Sadist and an Abuser, along with there being a HUGH difference between Changing someone and Helping them grow.

There are blogs an forums that show these. Having been posted by many of us here.

But then i also think that there is a HUGH difference between a lifestyle Dom and a kinkester dom. But again just my two cents.
Ok let me say this.... at no time have i ever intentionally hurt, abused, or degraded a submissive outside of her wishes. I know there is a high difference and that is a line that i will never cross.