Online now
Online now

Ropes

lil kitten xo​(sub female)
4 years ago • Apr 30, 2019

Ropes

lil kitten xo​(sub female) • Apr 30, 2019
Does anyone know any good quality rope brands that come in pastel colors? I bought some rope a while back that I’ve been using from a site a friend recommended but they only carry black, red, and dark purple. P.S. Please have an actual recommendation of the brand, I recently ordered some that were pastel and they were rough and just horrible.
DrWakko
DrWakko • Apr 30, 2019
Go to home depot for rope... They have a ton. And make sure you get EMT scissors just in case.
Lexxa​(sub female)
Lexxa​(sub female) • Apr 30, 2019
My Dom recently shared this resource with me as I begin my journey into the glorious world of rope and it has been a wealth of information. I recommend checking out this site: https://crash-restraint.com/ties/2

This link takes you straight to a great chart that compares a bunch of common rope materials and lays out where each material falls in terms of roughness, friction, breaking point, how well it’ll hold a knot and so much more. There is a link on this same page to a list of rope vendors as well as wholesale options. I haven't looked through them all yet but from what I have seen there seem to be a lot of places offering lots of different colors.

The rest of the website has loads of information on ties, building out a rope kit and much much more. Definitely recommend a read through for anyone interested in rope!
DrWakko
DrWakko • Apr 30, 2019
If you are looking for how to... the Two Knotty Boys have a list of rope videos and if you have an iphone there is an app called Ropes 3d.
JohnBond​(dom male){Kitten}
I have been having at ropes for a little while now. I highly recommend www.mynawashi.com . The jute holds up well for decoration, holds frictions well, is affordable, and comes in many colors. They're a great company that comes fairly well recommended from most of the Riggers I know.

Douglas Kent and Twisted Monk are a few more expensive options that still come in some lovely colors.

Keep in mind that with natural fiber rope (Jute, and hemp etc) it may require a bit of work to soften it up to your liking, it may also require some polishing, singing, and waxing, to get it shining like artificial rope. For me the work is worth it. MyNawashi sells rope at roughly $.18 USD per foot vs some of the preconditioned alternatives that can be closer to $.90 per foot. I just ordered some of their Ruby Red and was very pleased. I will be waxing it though to see if it shines up a bit more.

I use their two ply natural brown rope for suspension and that works great as well. I have around 170 meters (roughly 544 ft) of their rope and really can't recommend their stuff enough if you're willing to put in the elbow grease! The natural unfinished comes in pretty stiff needing quite a bit of work whereas the colors come in a bit softer but still should be worked over at least once.
    The most loved post in topic