Online now
Online now

Trump Supporters

sweet november​(sub female)
4 years ago • Jul 1, 2019

Trump Supporters

Seriously, through reading profiles, I have seen a new trend, or maybe i just noticed.
People are actually saying -No Trump supporters-

Seriously?
The hate is so bad that a person is judged by their freedom to vote for who they felt was the best person at that time?

Do people really talk politics on here?

This is the basis on how you will treat someone?

Close minded and oh so prejudiced. Which is, ironically, what one of the big complaint is about "TRUMP supporters"

My goodness. I'd stand behind anyone, any of my very diverse friends, know this, no matter what or who they voted for.
If they are good people I don't care about the other stuff.

I'm bringing this up for any of the "Trump" supporters that feel they have to stay "in the closet" to be accepted here. No.... you don't. You also don't have to tell anyone who you voted for, ever. It's your right.

It's wrong to form an opinion on someone based on political stance without even getting to know them.

Which is why I rarely watch the news anymore, speak my mind, etc..... because of the "stigma" that is unfairly attached to anyone that voted for Trump. The hate I've recieved because of it, last election was astounding, to say the least. But it's ok because I don't have to prove myself and i don't hate back.

I'm not going to debate politics in this site. But I will say....I care not who you voted for, i care about your heart. I wouldn't even bring it up except that I keep seeing it.
Soulweaver​(dom male)
Soulweaver​(dom male) • Jul 1, 2019
As a veteran who fought for the right to free political expression, among other things. I see it entirely differently. I see it as an advance notice that if I espouse the narrow-minded typical Trump supporter dogma, I am not welcome at their door. They aren't hating on anyone, they are expressing themselves, which they are more than free to do, just as you are to disagree with their views. Don't agree, fine keep it moving. I don't see it any differently than someone saying they want someone of a particular age or sexual identity.

I will also add that again, although a veteran, I believe the current state of "politics" in this Country (and for that matter the World) not only does not reflect my views in even the barest of definitions, I also believe almost all of it is not only antithetical to the Constitution but to common decency. You are free to disagree, but thank those that fought and died for your right to do so, for that freedom is not only NOT free, it is under the greatest of threats.

I totally and unequivocally support women's rights, including sexual/ reproductive health, I support LGBTQ rights, including the right to marry, and I completely disown any attempt by white Nationalists/Nazis to speak for me, as a white man. Anyone that espouses ANY threats to those under any "flag" or cover, does NOT have an ally here, period. Again you free to disagree. If that means you are not interested in me as an individual, fine please keep it moving. I don't hate you, we are just simply not compatible.
    The most loved post in topic
Lotus​(sub female)
Lotus​(sub female) • Jul 1, 2019
πŸ‘‹ Hi, I’m Lotus. And I’m guilty of this.

I honestly put it on my profile because, well..I just found it funny. I have my own political opinions (obviously 😜) but agree that it really doesn’t have a place here on The Cage.

I removed it from my profile.

πŸ™‚

Last edited by * on Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total
Lotus​(sub female)
Lotus​(sub female) • Jul 1, 2019
Soulweaver wrote:
As a veteran who fought for the right to free political expression, among other things. I see it entirely differently. I see it as an advance notice that if I espouse the narrow-minded typical Trump supporter dogma, I am not welcome at their door. They aren't hating on anyone, they are expressing themselves, which they are more than free to do, just as you are to disagree with their views. Don't agree, fine keep it moving. I don't see it any differently than someone saying they want someone of a particular age or sexual identity.

I will also add that again, although a veteran, I believe the current state of "politics" in this Country (and for that matter the World) not only does not reflect my views in even the barest of definitions, I also believe almost all of it is not only antithetical to the Constitution but to common decency. You are free to disagree, but thank those that fought and died for your right to do so, for that freedom is not only NOT free, it is under the greatest of threats.

I totally and unequivocally support women's rights, including sexual/ reproductive health, I support LGBTQ rights, including the right to marry, and I completely disown any attempt by white Nationalists/Nazis to speak for me, as a white man. Anyone that espouses ANY threats to those under any "flag" or cover, does NOT have an ally here, period. Again you free to disagree. If that means you are not interested in me as an individual, fine please keep it moving. I don't hate you, we are just simply not compatible.

Soul weaver, thank you for your service πŸ™‚I love your perspective on this!
Azzabackam​(switch male){PawPawGirl}
Oh god, this thread's gonna get nuked so hard.

While it's still up, I always saw it as just another limit. "I don't want someone of x affiliation" is pretty much "I don't want someone into scat", just from a different aspect of our lives.
sweet november​(sub female)
Azzabackam wrote:
Oh god, this thread's gonna get nuked so hard.

While it's still up, I always saw it as just another limit. "I don't want someone of x affiliation" is pretty much "I don't want someone into scat", just from a different aspect of our lives.

I suppose so, though it's cutting off people that one may actually end up having a wonderful dynamic together.

Saying all conservatives or all liberals or all whatever political affiliation one is with (I'm independent as if that matters) is lumping a very large population into a group of people that aren't all the same.

I just find it interesting and sad.

And yes, thank you to every vet for their service. Always.

People are more than what may meet the eye.
If someone needs help I don't ask them who they support for president. If someone sends me a message I don't ask them that either.

I take each person as an individual and go from there.
Life is too short to assume that all Trump supporters are the same. And vice versa.

Shame on anyone who ever tells someone, a vet, especially, that they are not patriotic or pre judge someone without even knowing them.

Trump is not anti LGBT or I would not have voted for him.

Anyway, I found it curious and like i said, I would not have brought it up except for the fact that I've been seeing it lately. I was wondering why.

But it's everyone's prerogative. And of course I would respect that "limit"

I'm just glad that i can see the individual as an individual.