Online now
Online now

Is it breath play? Or is it something else?

Bunnie
4 years ago • Jul 15, 2019

Is it breath play? Or is it something else?

Bunnie • Jul 15, 2019
A question about breath play...

*Although, first I would like to clarify that yes, I am aware of the dangers and although I wouldn’t state that I’m anywhere near experienced with this type of play, am well versed around it and have dabbled a bit irl, so thank you to those well-meaning people who like to point out the considerable dangers around some of the things we enjoy... however, that’s not what I’m seeking.

So whilst I am always open to the reality surrounding these types of play being discussed by those who have experience with it, I’m not looking for this to turn into a place to point fingers and state how harmful some are for being interested in things outside of the mainstream. Yes, I’m aware it’s edge play. Yes, I’m talking about it anyway. I have faith in people’s abilities to educate themselves.

So... it has come to my attention that there are many different forms and extremes of types of breath play. From choking using hands, through to asphyxiation using implements.

Something that came up a while ago with someone I was potentially going to meet was that he wasn’t necessarily so much into the breath play aspect, as to making someone pass out. He used pressure applied in certain places to achieve this (I’m not going to detail it because it’s not something to try without a lot of knowledge). Is this considered to still fall under breath play? Or is it considered something else entirely?
Soulweaver​(dom male)
Soulweaver​(dom male) • Jul 15, 2019
@Bunnie

I think this would be something else entirely, in my opinion, but I have NO idea what that would be classifiied as? Those pressure points that you are referring to are indeed not for the faint of heart nor for the inexperienced. But, hey people (like me!) are in to all sorts of things, to each their own!
AKittenforSir​(sub female){JohnBond}
I believe what you're referring to is a "blood choke" in comparison to an "air choke".

A blood choke is when the top puts pressure on the side of the neck compressing the arteries and veins that circulate blood to and from the brain, causing the bottom to black out.

An air choke is is when the top puts pressure to the front of the throat making it impossible to breath, which can eventually result in the bottom becoming unconscious.

An air choke would qualify as breathe play but I'm not sure a blood choke would.

Side note - I'm a BIG fan of breathe play so no judgment or finger pointing from me!
    The most loved post in topic
Bunnie
Bunnie • Jul 15, 2019
@ KittenforSir,

Thank you for such a clear and precise answer. It clarified it for me perfectly icon_smile.gif
Ant and kitty
Ant and kitty • Jul 15, 2019
Bunnie,
My Daddy will reply. He has more information.
TheAnt​(dom male)
TheAnt​(dom male) • Jul 15, 2019
Bunnie,
A blood choke is used to cause you to get light headed without the panic of loss of breath. I have had it done on Me as a soldier. Its a weird sensation as you do not realize your brain is witbour oxygen until you get real real ligbt headed. I tapped before I passed out. If you do passout, and the person releases the pressure on your two arteries right away, you recover fast but with a huge headache that can last for a day so be warned.
Also if he doesn't release, then you can suffer brain damage! So why do it? Well you can still have sex and breathe and the body doesnt go into panic the same way and the light headed sensation adds to sex for a lot of people. Its like being stoned (I'm told) and be geathered.. A weird anaology I know. I have never gotten high so I have to trust what I was told.
Never a judgement from either of us.
-DA
Bunnie
Bunnie • Jul 15, 2019
Oh, it’s out of my comfort zone of play. The fact that he was so into it was a bit of a deciding factor for me not meeting him (among a few other incompatibilities).

Previous training in the health industry makes me too paranoid about things like cutting off blood supply to the brain, even if it’s for a short amount of time. I was just curious about it. I always like to try to learn about things that others enjoy... especially if it’s something that scares me. Thank you all for the discussion icon_smile.gif
Bunnie
4 years ago • Jul 16, 2019
Bunnie • Jul 16, 2019
@ MissBonnie,

Interesting read, thank you for the link.
venia​(sub female){Lextelonis}
4 years ago • Jul 16, 2019
This is a (maybe too) technical article written by a friend of mine about “breath play” which further describes the practice outlined by DaddyAnt and MissBonnie. I tend to geek out over everything, especially the more risky practices.

https://www.stefanosandshay.com/articles/breath-control-some-thoughts-in-outline-format/