Online now
Online now

It's not just about location

Bunnie
6 years ago • Jun 10, 2017

It's not just about location

Bunnie • Jun 10, 2017
So it's recently come to my attention that not everyone shares the same views on how to go about meeting up with potential play partners. For me it's not just about location, what about Doctor checks? Is this something that many people take into account? I know it brings technicalities into an otherwise fun fantasy, but some things when done cannot be undone. Am I alone in thinking this way? I want the freedom to know that I'm safe in all aspects to explore with someone. Is it common practice for people to be unsafe?
    The most loved post in topic
Stranger
6 years ago • Jun 10, 2017
Stranger • Jun 10, 2017
Not amongst smart people...no....it's not a common practice ....no ur not the only person thinking this way.....and yes ....doctor checks please....idk how many ppl take it into account tho....alota zombies walking around ....
Moonstone
6 years ago • Jun 12, 2017
Moonstone • Jun 12, 2017
Right on, Bunnie!
BigJinBigD​(dom male)
6 years ago • Jun 21, 2017
BigJinBigD​(dom male) • Jun 21, 2017
Interesting topic, important topic. This seems to be less of a question when you become a part of a community that is sex positive, and subscribes to SSC conventions.

The local community here in North texas is very vocal about the importance of being safe and getting regular testing if you are having any sort of unprotected sex with multiple partners.

Obviously if there is a lack of self controll (unless I misconstrued part of your original post and you did not at least partially hint at) and a person is acting out fantasies with random partners and unplanned encounters, there is a great deal of potential danger involved here not limited to STD/STI transmission.

I personally would never suggest any person jump into any situation without crossing their I's and dotting their t's in a number of ways. Set up timed phonecalls, make sure people have the address you are going to, take someone with you, meet the other person first outside of a lustful moment, view and show recent tests, etc etc etc. The list could be extremely long and still not be 100 percent safe.

I would suggest more fervently that you never meet with anyone who is not a well known member of the bdsm community, how do you know if they are? First step, go to a munch, there are resources to help you find those in or near your location in most cases.

Be patient, and be safe, if it feels sketchy, it is. If you are having a hard time deciding if it is sketch because you are super turned on...masturbate and think about it some more.

Sorry for the wall o text, I always worry about vulnerable little subbies doing things that are dangerous because hormones blind everyone from time to time.

I hope my ramblings are helpful.