Online now
Online now

Blocking

Boo78​(sub female)
4 years ago • Nov 18, 2019
Boo78​(sub female) • Nov 18, 2019
RopeBunnie wrote:
Because it can become obsessive and/or abusive... Sometimes no isn't good enough.

Trust me RopeBunnie I would never be obsessive or abusive to anyone, its not in my nature.
Savage​(dom male)
Savage​(dom male) • Nov 18, 2019
Trust me I know the feeling and it is bothering not sure if they are blocking us or if itโ€™s the system itself just doing it making it seem like each party is blocking each other just a thought
RopeBunnie​(sub female){Not Lookin}
Boo78 wrote:
RopeBunnie wrote:
Because it can become obsessive and/or abusive... Sometimes no isn't good enough.

Trust me RopeBunnie I would never be obsessive or abusive to anyone, its not in my nature.

I was speaking in general terms, it happens...
KarmaCollar​(dom female)
4 years ago • Nov 19, 2019

Re: Blocking

KarmaCollar​(dom female) • Nov 19, 2019
Boo78 wrote:
Then Doms wonder why they don't or actually can't find a partner in crime!

I'm inclined to wonder if you're intention is to voice a concern you, yourself, have or are attempting to speak on behalf of a Dom (parroting a complaint).

What may be perceived as a "nice" conversation to one party could be viewed as ~so many~ different things to the other. I've had experiences in which I did attempt to convey (in a "nice" way) disinterest/inconvenience of timing/incompatability over and over again to someone who either didn't understand the subtext or, more likely, didn't want to.

I try to take into account the tendency of a sub to (consciously or subconsciously) misconstrue meanings out of a genuine desire to establish symbiosis and don't feel it's any Dom/Dommes place to strike out at a sub they have no understood relationship with. It leads to hurt feelings and frustration (not the good kind) either/both sides.

If a Dom/Domme is frustrated by the issue and 'wonderying why they can't find a partner in crime' they are inevitably capable of expressing it, themselves.
Boo78​(sub female)
Boo78​(sub female) • Nov 19, 2019
I would never speak on behalf of a Dom. I just think that well in my experience you don't just plough straight into asking to collar someone or be asked what am I into in the first few messages? It takes time to see if a) there is a connection or b) there us some kind of comparability? Is that asking too much? If you are getting along and then all of a sudden blocked....thats what I don't understand. It is nothing to do with their life as someone pointed out. Its basic manners and respect. After all we are adults here!! I have had so many Doms complain that it is difficult to find a sub or what they are looking for so my point is...I am not surprised if that is how they behave.
KarmaCollar​(dom female)
KarmaCollar​(dom female) • Nov 19, 2019
Boo78,

I see your point more clearly now. I believe your frustration is valid, here.

I would reiterate, though, that sometimes the perception of a conversation being pleasant may still onlly be one sided- HOWEVER I think what you're pointing out is another issue, entirely.

My best recommendation (because there's nearly impossible to convince doms to behave in a way they aren't inclined to, especially immature/power play types like I believe you're describing) is to research a bit in the psychology of these situations (though better to start with basic/generaly psychology than start with a specialty) to help your own reception of this sort of treatment.

It isn't your fault, if the scenario you describe is accurate. Part of the problem you're going to face seeking a dom is getting a lot of this asshole syndrome. You're more likely to encounter natural assholes, immature behavior that they believe is an expression of their superiority/dominance (cutting you off without respectful explanation) and general disrespect. I am sorry for subs in this experience, but it is inevitable.

There's nothing you can do (venting here is a good variation of coping with it, though) to change their behavior. Understanding the psychology behind it may help you develop more coping mechanisms to deal with it, though.

I hope you have better interactions in the future.
Boo78​(sub female)
Thank you KarmaCollar, I think your description of assholes is very accurate and made me smile. Don't get me wrong there are some really, genuine and interesting people here and I have spoken to many which makes me feel lucky but its the few bad apples that frustrate.....but thank you for replying and understanding x
Boo78​(sub female)
CielBonfire wrote:
Because people react with rants like this when politely told "Hey, I'm not interested any more."

This was not a rant! Obviously you don't know too many Irish people ๐Ÿ˜‰
Neches1836​(dom male)
Neches1836​(dom male) • Nov 19, 2019
Well not here but on some other sites I have found 90 to 95 percent of the subs I have contacted within a few hours or in some cases a few days of chatting hit me up for financial help. I would not mind helping if we had met before hand and knew each other or had a physical relationship. I have become very good at detecting a pattern. So that is why I block. I have not had the need to block anyone here or on Fetlife.
MrCountry​(dom male)
MrCountry​(dom male) • Nov 19, 2019
I have been blocked of FL for offering a suggestion. It was for something cooking related. I feel with the current apps like tinder or whatever other ones. It gives people a sense of power to be able to end a conversation with a click of a button.