Online now
Online now

Customer service for a sub

yuppie​(switch gender queer)
4 years ago • Jan 2, 2020

Customer service for a sub

Hi! I identify as a submissive and I had an interaction today that made me think. I was at a shoe store and an employee measured me for shoes then put them on my feet. It made me deeply uncomfortable and I realized that I’ve always hated being helped by people in stores who need to ask my opinion of things or help me find them- it seems like I should do it for myself. Do other subs have similar experiences to this or is it just an awkward me thing? Are there doms who really enjoy this type of sales? Are there subs who seek out customer service jobs because of the everyday power dynamics? Any thoughts are welcome!
alawey​(sub female){(OWNED BY }
I m in this field and while i love it and am very good at it . i tend to just want some ppl to make up their minds one way or another.

I love feeling as though i am helping someone . but i cant stand. It when i have given all the choices and they cant make up their mind still and stand there looking at me dumb founded.
LaVieEnRose​(sub female){Learning }
A huge part of my job is helping people make decisions and being “in charge,” and I HATE it. I constantly tell my coworkers about how much I hate being in charge and hate when I’m asked well what would you do?!
Manda Panda​(sub female)
4 years ago • Jan 3, 2020
Manda Panda​(sub female) • Jan 3, 2020
I hate making decisions that affect other people. I don't want that responsibility. What if I make the wrong choice and they don't like it?
And to answer your question, I hate walking in a store and the sales clerks ask me if they can help me. I know it's their job,but still. If I need help, I'll ask for it. Though on the other hand, I hate asking lol. I'm a bundle of complicated. Lmao
Patiently waiting​(sub female){WolfeHamme}
I understand where you are coming from, and I used to be in your shoes (pun intended), but I have realized that, while they may not actually want it, when someone asks your opinion, tell the truth. It has made my life so much better. I have had Doms and men in general tell me that they absolutely hate it when their former partners say "I don't care" or "I don't know" when asked a specific question. I will tell people straight up when I meet them, "Don't want my opinion? Don't ask". People come to me for advise all the time. It builds confidence. And if you don't make the "right" decision, learn from it and grow.
So I guess, what I'm saying is that if you take yourself out of your comfort zone, asking for help won't seem so bad as time goes on. And you will be surprised by what you can actually get from life. I'm short, so I ask for help all the time. Closed mouths don't get fed.
    The most loved post in topic
ThirtyFourPointFive
ThirtyFourPointFive • Jan 3, 2020
I started my sales career in Retail Sales and I loved it. I was good at it and it was satisfying to be able to help others.
But after reading the original post again, I realized it was not pertinent to the OP's question. I tried to delete, it was not possible.
Patiently waiting​(sub female){WolfeHamme}
Over time, I have realized that I am meant to serve. I'm good at it, and I enjoy it. I feel it takes a certain kind of heart to empathize with certain customers. And if I can bring a smile to my customer's faces, all the better. Sure, there are the ones who are miserable and just downright awful, but you don't know what kind of day they're having. Maybe their dog of 12 years just passed. You don't know until you ask. So, for me, as a submissive, I long to share my happiness, so I do look for customer service positions, or at least where I can interact with the public, and brighten someone's day.
Sami A​(sub female)
4 years ago • Jan 4, 2020
Sami A​(sub female) • Jan 4, 2020
This might come off harsher than I intended. As Patiently waiting​, pointed out most Doms want a fully fictional sub with their own opinions and the ability to make decisions. Doms want submission ( and obedience ) not weakness. There's a difference. If you come across a Dom that wants you weak then I suggest you hard pass on them. I always warn a new Dom that I hope you like your sub with strong opinions and not once did they say they did not like that. I will say I don't care or it doesn't matter but trust me when I say it because I really don't care and it really doesn't matter. lol

As for shoe shopping you had me saying OMGosh and them putting shoes on you! LOL I'd hate that too. icon_smile.gif
Meg​(dom female){NotLooking}
4 years ago • Jan 7, 2020

Re: Customer service for a sub

yuppie wrote:
Are there doms who really enjoy this type of sales?

As a domme who has worked in customer service (various types - clothing, grocery, cosmetics, restaurant), I can say that I absolutely, completely, and totally loathed it with every fiber of my existence. Customers are often self absorbed assholes who treat you not only as if you are their servant, but their idiot servant. Yeah, sorry, I'm getting paid peanuts here, you don't get to boss me around. Furthermore, your immediate superior is usually a moron who treat you like you are THEIR idiot servant. As do their superiors.

No. Customer service was not for me. It was a living hell.
Erick​(sub male)
4 years ago • Jan 7, 2020
Erick​(sub male) • Jan 7, 2020
I used to be middle management, and at one time had about fifteen people under me. I was supposed to order them around, and I couldn't stand it. Every time I had to tell one of my subordinates what to do, I felt bad about it for the rest of the day.

I was much happier waiting tables. I LOVED being obsequious. And secretly, I got a special thrill when high-and-mighty customers would treat me badly, because then I got to apologize profusely. I would have loved to be able to suggest to them that they ought to punish me with a whipping, but they probably would have thought I was kidding.