Online now
Online now

Conversation Starter: Fashion

KarmaCollar​(dom female)
4 years ago • Jan 12, 2020

Conversation Starter: Fashion

KarmaCollar​(dom female) • Jan 12, 2020
Feel like things get a little stale around here sometimes, so thought I would start some conversation topics..

As a Domme or sub, what is your ideal kink-wear? What about day to day additions to your public wardrobe?

What materials do you like the most/hate? What immediately catches your interest in public that makes you question the personal affiliations of a stranger and if they're into the same?

What attire makes you feel more the part/yourself? What goes too far and makes you feel like you're playing a part (or helps you play the part you want)?

I ask because, personally, I don't like the leather/pleather/corset scene that is the gold standard. It's been represented as such a stereotype/cliche to me all my life and makes me laugh (with some exceptions). That's just me. I like subtler styles like pencil skirts/pantsuits/questionable hidden things underneath (like body stockings/harnesswear) and a passion for vintage nightgowns (and can see how this could be unappealing other Dommes/subs) . Not into corsets but lingerie shapewear under clothes always puts me in a nice predatory mood.

I have minimal interest in a sub's day to day fashion (though like the idea of him wearing things I buy) but love hidden things worn underneath on instruction. I view cages/cock rings/collars as sub-lingerie more than punishments.

Let's get the following out of the way: A Domme's uniform/fashion/style/apprpriate attire is whatever the fuck she decides to put on (or leave off) that day. And same for subs. I'm asking for your personal opinion about yourself/your sub and same for subs.

What screams Domme to you?
What screams sub to you?
In private/public?
What do you like to wear/wish you could wear/like to see?
    The most loved post in topic
Knightsundere​(sub male)
Knightsundere​(sub male) • Jan 12, 2020
Form-fitting/tight clothing 100% does it for me and is my personal indicator for whether someone might be a bit kinky. Like a signal that they're openly intimate with themselves in lieu of other, potentially more comfortable wear. I absolutely hate drawing attention to myself in day to day public places but if I'm feeling good I'll wear some leggings (vastly underrated, holy hell) and/or a really tight sleeveless turtleneck (a terrible name for an exceedingly comfortable thing :c ).

I really wish mainstream clothing had more emphasis around neck posture/collars/turtlenecks though, and not even in the fetishwear sense. Kinda nice to be constantly reminded to keep my back straight.
KarmaCollar​(dom female)
Knightsundere,

Very nice. I agree quite a bit with built in fashion statements/accessories as part of the clothes.

Not into super form-fitting (but can greatly appreciate looking at it), myself, but have several items with high necks/built in collar ties/etc due to my like of restraint. Some examples I own or have approximates of (don't seem to be able to add pics):

https://www.google.com/search?q=blouse+with+tie+collar&client=ms-android-huawei-rev1&prmd=sinv&sxsrf=ACYBGNSRwQ8zPdaO88oReO-rtYSvXfM-pg:1578802138437&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj_goelmP3mAhXEUt8KHSNmCFcQ_AUoAnoECA8QAg&biw=360&bih=600#imgrc=aZKtOXKk_NZL2M

https://www.google.com/search?q=blouse+with+tie+collar&client=ms-android-huawei-rev1&prmd=sinv&sxsrf=ACYBGNSRwQ8zPdaO88oReO-rtYSvXfM-pg:1578802138437&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj_goelmP3mAhXEUt8KHSNmCFcQ_AUoAnoECA8QAg&biw=360&bih=600#imgrc=Haz3FGeL8Z59rM

https://www.google.com/search?q=blouse+with+tie+collar&client=ms-android-huawei-rev1&prmd=sinv&sxsrf=ACYBGNSRwQ8zPdaO88oReO-rtYSvXfM-pg:1578802138437&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj_goelmP3mAhXEUt8KHSNmCFcQ_AUoAnoECA8QAg&biw=360&bih=600#imgrc=_xOC7LZ6QCWKoM
Knightsundere​(sub male)
Knightsundere​(sub male) • Jan 12, 2020
@KarmaCollar

I wager they don't like forum posts having photos because of the potential spam or NSFW shitposting, lol. Would be nice if there was a post limit that lifted the block on an individual level, though.
The blouse stuff is lovely! I'd go much higher though, like these -

https://www.theladders.com/wp-content/uploads/High_Collar_092118-800x450.jpg
https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1nIwhSpXXXXbyXFXXq6xXFXXXR/2020-Devil-Fashion-Women-s-Gothic-Gorgeous-Coat-Steampunk-Black-Red-Winter-Dark-High-Collar-Long.jpg_q50.jpg
https://img1.eshakti.com/clothImages/CL0062939ML.jpg?w=1480

Unrelated, but I swear, you basically have to be a soft-crossdresser to wear something interesting as a dude. So damn annoying.
Erick​(sub male)
Erick​(sub male) • Jan 12, 2020
My erotic tastes have always favored the amateur--and even the ugly--over the glossy and the glamorous.

The hottest dominant man I ever served wore a mechanic's coveralls. Because he was a mechanic.

And the hottest lady was a very secretly dominant woman who was my next-door neighbor and who seduced me one afternoon (my wife and her husband never knew) while wearing Bermuda shorts, a sweatshirt, and flip-flops.

It's not that I object to fetish-wear. It's OK with me. But I find that in the end, reality is always more fascinating, and more erotic, than the theatrical stuff.
KarmaCollar​(dom female)
Knightsundere,

Very nice!

You're unfortunately correct in masculine fashion, I'm afraid. My nephew has a wonderful fashion sense but doesn't care for the shit he had to take with something as basic as a peacoat, so.. I think there are probably a lot of men who find value in more metropolitan fashion but don't feel comfortable pursuing it.
KarmaCollar​(dom female)
Erick wrote:

But I find that in the end, reality is always more fascinating, and more erotic, than the theatrical stuff.

Well put
Duke Montefort​(dom male)
Duke Montefort​(dom male) • Jan 12, 2020
I prefer my slaves fully clothed. I also prefer to be fully clothed. Most women's clothing since I was a child leave little to nothing to the imagination.

My tastes are more Victorian.
I prefer women to wear clothing that covers the chest. The skirts to be wide. No flashy colors of bright orange, gold, sliver, or glitter.

I prefer to wear suits formal plain, not excessively flashy with quality material.

In the bedroom. I don't like bikini's of any sort. I prefer corsets, bloomers, teddies. lots of lace the chest and buttocks covered.
Meg​(dom female){NotLooking}
4 years ago • Jan 13, 2020

Re: Conversation Starter: Fashion

Knightsundere wrote:

I really wish mainstream clothing had more emphasis around neck posture/collars/… not even in the fetishwear sense.

Me too
Knightsundere wrote:

I need this.

KarmaCollar wrote:

A Domme's uniform/fashion/style/apprpriate attire is whatever the fuck she decides to put on…

AMEN!

As a Domme or sub, what is your ideal kink-wear?
My answer to this is twofold.
In a perfect world I could just wear giant fleece pjs or my asinine unicorn onesie everywhere, doing everything, including domming. But, let's be honest, that ain't sexy. Or fear inducing. It doesn't scream authority; it screams six year old, and I ain't no little. Therefore, I feel a little run-of-the mill in loving corsets. But my love of these garments predates my BDSM calling by a decade. I don't like materials that aren't breathable (pvc, latex), and much as I love the esthetic of leather, I have a moral opposition. Because I'm already nigh hourglass without assistive clothing, I can usually get away with cheap ass corsets that serve no actual function. I do have a very real one though, custom made from Chinese silk with spiral steel boning. It cost me a pretty penny. I'm always at a loss as to what to wear on my bottom half. What gets me into it more than anything is a slick of black (or blue, or dark purple) lipstick, black nails, flawless eye makeup, and great hair.

What about day to day additions to your public wardrobe?
My daily wardrobe is pjs or something covered with paint. When I'm not wearing that stuff, I often dress a little less modestly than some would say I should, based on my age, but whatever. If I need to dress "fancy" for some event, I always lean goth/dominatrix, as opposed to floral and girly. I rock dark lipstick like a champ in any setting.

What materials do you like the most/hate?
Like?
Dommey
: Breathable materials. Dark jeans. Dark anything. Studs. Straps. Acidic colours. Dioxizine purple. Silver, platinum. Black&white, black&red, black&purple, black&etc. Cool toned colours only (except acid green). Stripes. Checked prints. Large hounds tooth.
Daily: flannel (shut up, I'm Canadian), cotton, denim, whatever yoga pants are made from. Same colour palette though.
Hate? Lace, latex, pvc, frills, floaty gossamer stuff, absurdly large knit, wool. Pastel. Floral. Brown, beige, pink, green, orange, mustard, gold, copper, bronze, brass, rose gold, wood. Fuzzy. Girly. Hats that aren't necessary for safety or warmth.

What immediately catches your interest in public that makes you question the personal affiliations of a stranger and if they're into the same? Aesthetically, very little. Speech patterns and phrasing are more indicative of sexual leanings, I think.

What attire makes you feel more the part/yourself? Form fitting and dark. Usually custom made stuff, because off rack rarely fits tiny people well.

What goes too far and makes you feel like you're playing a part? I feel that nothing would go too far, honestly. I hate those little hats that you see some dominants wearing, made from leather with the short brim. That's too far for me.

What screams Domme to you? Attitude
What screams sub to you? Attitude
In private/public? Attitude
What do you like to wear/wish you could wear/like to see?
Me: I'd like a custom collar, BECAUSE I LIKE THEM; they're not just for subs. I'd like a custom harness, because pretty. I'd like more custom corsets. I'd like some idea for bottoms.
Him: I'm largely unconcerned what he wears, as long as his collar is on.