Online now
Online now

Poll feature

Bunnie
4 years ago • Jan 12, 2020
Bunnie • Jan 12, 2020
@ The Mortician,

I’m a bit naive to other places. Could you please explain what a poll feature would be for, and how it works?
Knightsundere​(sub male)
Knightsundere​(sub male) • Jan 12, 2020
@Bunnie

Forum post contains a graphic of a defined number of buttons individually associated with some text. When an option/multiple options are chosen, that person's selections are fed into a standard poll pie chart or bar graph or whatever, which is then displayed usually in the OP's post.

Pardon the link but images aren't allowed on here as you know; https://i.gyazo.com/da8b6db473b8cbd08bc3177f096e7f36.png here's an example from another forum I use.

As for usage.. well, anything that has more than one answer.
    The most loved post in topic
Bunnie
Bunnie • Jan 12, 2020
@ Knightsundere,

Thank you! icon_biggrin.gif
Please forgive me being slow to the party, but is it simply to observe the most common preferences type thing, or is there more to it that I’m missing?
Knightsundere​(sub male)
Knightsundere​(sub male) • Jan 12, 2020
@Bunnie

It's a convenience thing, for those who don't enjoy filtering through pages and pages of a thread to get an idea of a community's opinion on something. It's also just a good feature for site staff who need data on what people like/what they might like/what they think and so on. I'd agree with Mortician, it's usually something I expect a modern forum to have.