Online now
Online now

Nickname For My Hubby?

Sammi Babi UwU​(sub female)
4 years ago • Mar 22, 2020

Nickname For My Hubby?

Thank you for your time. I am brand new to The Cage. Please be patient with me as I navigate this exciting world. 😊

I've never felt comfortable calling him Babe, Baby, Hunny, etc...
My husband is a very strong, capable man and I see him as such. Even though he isn't a Dom (and is very new to and scared if the concept) I'd like to approach him with the respect he deserves.

Are there nicknames I can use to show him my appreciation, that aren't going to overwhelm him?
MeisterGerald​(dom male)
4 years ago • Mar 22, 2020
MeisterGerald​(dom male) • Mar 22, 2020
Sir works as a good 'neutral placeholder' title while you figure it out. It's deferential, respectful, and common enough that it shouldn't seem too awkward for either partner.
    The most loved post in topic
The original Her​(switch female)
4 years ago • Mar 24, 2020
Hi, and welcome! I understand what you mean. As I grew up, even though I still am under 20 (yes, ooh, look, she's self-aware), babe felt more... okay, I suppose? I use it with friends, but I was never one to use it with my significant other. Sir is okay, I do agree, but if he's scared slightly and still warming up to the idea of BDSM, I think you should hold off. To someone not used to this all, a placeholder name like Daddy, Sir, Master, etc, is terrifying and really overwhelming.

I normally just make a nickname off of my partner's last name. I grew up being a highly competitive athlete, as did all of my other significant others, and that's no different for my current partner. In sports, you're called by your last name. All. The. Time. It becomes almost your first name, you know? His last name starts with Cas, so I just shortened it to Caz. However, you are married, so that could be a bit different.

Another one is finding something strange they do, and finding a sweet nickname for it. He's double jointed, and likes to crack his neck, knees, knuckles, etc... Much to my dismay. I think it's disgusting, since I'm so squeamish! I call him glowstick, however, since 1) He cracks, and 2) he lights up my world. He calls my coconut, because 1) I dyed my hair dark brown (I'm Caucasian, too, so brown on top, white on inside), and 2) I'm sweet and he loves to eat me.

I wish you great luck with all of this. I know it's a bit overwhelming, but I believe in you. Best wishes. ❤
Bunnie
3 years ago • Mar 30, 2020
Bunnie • Mar 30, 2020
One that I always loved calling my husband when we were married was “Habibi” which is Arabic for “my love” (in the context of “my beloved”). Not “bdsm related” but the important thing was that we both understood the underlying context in what I was saying when I said it... I was telling him he was special to me.

Another option is to make it fun. Seriousness can still have fun attached.
I think in a lot of ways, making things lighthearted can help to ease into feeling comfortable when exploring these things.

You could try things like “Sir Yumminess” or “Master of all things good” or “Daddy gumdrops.”

He will find something that feels right. You will find something that feels right. It will come together. I would suggest just being creative and seeing what happens icon_smile.gif
Duke Montefort​(dom male)
3 years ago • Mar 31, 2020
Duke Montefort​(dom male) • Mar 31, 2020
romantic

Beloved

Personal

Finding something that is a private either a private joke or a deep personal connection.

Like if he gave you a teddy bear on your first date so you call him Teddy
House Talion​(dom male)
3 years ago • Apr 22, 2020
House Talion​(dom male) • Apr 22, 2020
Bitch
Imagine the look kn his face when you say:
"Give it to me, Bitch", "I like it rough bitch ", bitch slap me bitch"

Lol