Online now
Online now

Submission/independent women

ElizaEmma​(sub female){NotLooking}
3 years ago • Oct 8, 2020
"Note here that by independent I do not mean financially independent. I mean truly independent, as in not needing any support whatsoever from anyone."

Is ANYONE truly independent? And what do you mean by support? Face it, even someone like you still engage with dependent, flawed people like us for entertainment and whatever reasons.
IowaDom​(dom male)
IowaDom​(dom male) • Oct 8, 2020
From the discussions I have had, what I can offer is ....

Women (or men) that are in RL alpha Roles - they are VERY demanding roles, and depending on the actual role, can suck the life out of you. Being submissive in private allows that battery to relax, and recharge. A break from reality as it were. Allow somebody else to call the shots, and call the plays, all while you are in a safe, protected, sane, and consensual environment relaxing your brain, dumping the stress, getting satisfied, and recharging your batteries - AND knowing that you can eject yourself from it at will.

And any fool who who thinks a submissive woman wields no power might want to look again. It takes a MOUNTAIN of personal control to even be able to submit imho, I can tell you for certain, I couldn't do it, and I am in a High Stress Alpha Lead job by day, and DOM by night.

Besides, who says they are all submitting to men? There are a good amount submitting to other women in fact.

Last edited by * on Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total
The Thinker​(sadist male){NotLooking}
Emma, You are right. We are all interdependent. The whole independent word is an American invention that makes people feel good about themselves. Eastern philosophy is exactly the opposite. I subscribe to that philosophy, and always get a chuckle whenever someone calls themselves independent.
canadiangirl
canadiangirl • Oct 8, 2020
This is a wonderful post! I have had submissive desires for so very long and finally decided I needed to explore them discreetly despite the confines of my marriage.

This is just something my husband can’t give me and I wish it was..but that’s not reality.

I’ve been trying to articulate what the draw is for me...I’m naturally a people pleaser and it makes me happy to make others feel good.

As mentioned in other replies...I control every other aspect of my life..my job where I manage staff...my home life where I manage the daily running of the house..the kids...asking hubby to be intimate.

I want to feel more free sexually and maybe the way to do that is to give up my freedom with sex...so to speak. It’s like a sigh of relief to think I can just do as asked and enjoy.

I’m sure I’m not saying it as smoothly as I’d like..but this post was great for helping me try and organize my thoughts.
MariGold
MariGold • Oct 8, 2020
I think being submissive is a very bold and empowering statement to make and own.

Because I am a modern, driven woman and feminist it is my choice to submit, it is a powerful position to be in and to choose wisely
who to submit to. So when it happens, it is extremely satisfying and rewarding.

Personally, I enjoy not having to make a decision because I can trust the person I submit to has my best interest at heart and
knows how to give me what I need.

PS And of course The Thinker has to march in and tell us what submission really means and why we aren't what we say we are. It's getting boring.
The Thinker​(sadist male){NotLooking}
ElizaEmma wrote:
The Thinker, I think in general Eastern philosophy views everything in gradations whereas in the West people tends to view things as more black and white, and love labels. icon_smile.gif

I never knew that. Do you have some examples? Eastern philosophies are super classist with clear labels.
voodoobats
voodoobats • Oct 8, 2020
For me personally, while in every day life I am the organiser, the person that's always in control...I'm super independent and I prefer to be in control... When it comes to the bedroom it's completely different. I wouldn't be comfortable giving orders.. Being sexy.. Making the guy submit.
Like, I NEED to be told to beg, to do what I'm told.... To be gagged. Idk. I think for me it's the threats that are a turn on.
ElizaEmma​(sub female){NotLooking}
The Thinker wrote:
ElizaEmma wrote:
The Thinker, I think in general Eastern philosophy views everything in gradations whereas in the West people tends to view things as more black and white, and love labels. icon_smile.gif

I never knew that. Do you have some examples? Eastern philosophies are super classist with clear labels.

Reincarnation. You are given more than one chance, yet it is a never ending cycle.