Online now
Online now

Gratitude

skyrich​(dom male){rottenbrat}
4 years ago • Apr 16, 2020

Gratitude

Cultivating an attitude of gratitude begins with a choice. Living such a life is a series of choices. It takes a conscious effort to recognize one's blessings, and to be grateful for them, especially the small ones. it's easy to be thankful for a large, expensive gift. But, is that real gratitude? What about the small, "insignificant", gifts we receive each day, but take for granted?

Gratitude promotes humility, kindness, respect, courtesy, all of the things we should strive for in a civilized society. Likewise ingratitude promotes vanity, entitlement, disparagement, disrespect, envy, and abuse.

I wish to take the time, today, to acknowledge the gifts I've received. For my beautiful wives, and my mother lost to me, for a season. For the kindness, compassion and condolences I've received here from strangers who I hope to call friends. For the opportunity to share my journey, to grieve, to heal, and to learn to love again. For the relationships that I've forged, those yet to be made. For the possibility of passing on my experiences, knowledge and advice to those that may need it, and for the sage advice I've received from others.

For all these things, I'm grateful.
    The most loved post in topic
Island girl​(sub female){Yes owned.}
4 years ago • Apr 16, 2020
I find that when I hold my mind in the space of gratitude, any negative emotions I might have been struggling with have to fall away.

One year my birthday was coming up and I dreaded it. I always felt let down (totally self-inflicted, by the way). That year I planned and spent the entire day doing for others instead of myself. I cooked dinner, did special tasks, made sure my family had a very special day. That one day taught me more about where my focus needed to be than anything else I'd learned about myself for a long time. It was the best birthday I ever had! I spent the day expressing my love and gratitude with actions, and it was wonderful.