Online now
Online now

Confusion about Punishments

AngelBunny
4 years ago • May 5, 2020
AngelBunny • May 5, 2020
@Rich, I appreciate your response. It's a relief to know other avenues are taken to change behavior. Physical punishment as something cathartic makes sense and thanks for pointing out it would help many subs achieve subspace.

@tallslenderguy, I just want to make sure I understand your second comment correctly (sometimes I take things personally when I don't need to): You think I am passing judgment and being rigid in my thinking? I posed my questions because I was feeling concerned for the welfare of others and I wanted to make people think. I believe what I did would be considered Socratic questioning. I was also hoping people would give me feedback to increase my understanding of the topic.
tallslenderguy​(other male)
AngelBunny wrote:
@tallslenderguy, I just want to make sure I understand your second comment correctly (sometimes I take things personally when I don't need to): You think I am passing judgment and being rigid in my thinking? I posed my questions because I was feeling concerned for the welfare of others and I wanted to make people think. I believe what I did would be considered Socratic questioning. I was also hoping people would give me feedback to increase my understanding of the topic.

EEK, no. i am sorry, i did a poor job of writing that. my intent was to affirm you, not to criticize you or your method (e.g., "you do not sound "confused to me."). i did not mean to criticize anyone, but an "ism" (absolutism), not a person. You do not strike me as rigid,. Your question came off to me as honest, not rhetorical. i have experience "Dom's" who will state without equivocation: "Dom is _____________," or; "sub is _____________." i've seen subs do the same. That's what i meant by fundamentalism or absolutism, and i think anyone can fall into it. i think asking questions is healthy and good, i wasn't trying to be gauche.

i've experienced the same kind of Dom who wants to beat me with a cane for a small offense, and what i was trying to say is i guess there are people that want that, both D/s, but it is not a fundamental rule for everyone. We would, i think, be an example of people who that 'rule' (if it were one) would not fit.

Did i write more clearly, or muddy it up more?
House Talion​(dom male)
House Talion​(dom male) • May 5, 2020
I truely beleive that theres a sub for every kind of Dom out there. Physical punishments are a thing and I'm sure that not only are theresbsubs that prefer it, but theres a bunch that act out cause they enjoy it. Personally I use punishment to teach.

For instance my slave neglected to take her meds for over a week. So knowing how horrible fetlife is, I punished her by commanding her to make an account and post an ad in 3 groups that shes looking for another slave for me. Specifically it was done and she had some suffering, but was based on the ignorant replies she got. It's exactly as I expected and not only does she take her meds again, but she thankfully understands how horrible most ppl of this lifestyle are. It's not an easy lesson to learn and I'm not happy about having to do it, but it needed to be done
AngelBunny
AngelBunny • May 5, 2020
tallslenderguy wrote:
AngelBunny wrote:

Did i write more clearly, or muddy it up more?

I definitely understand better now! I'm sorry for taking things so personally! That's why I wanted to clarify what you were saying.
AngelBunny
AngelBunny • May 5, 2020
@HouseTalion, I totally get why you felt you needed to use punishment in that situation. It seems like your sub was putting her well being at risk and it was the best way to get her motivated. I did laugh though when you stated what the punishment was only because I took one look at Fetlife and was like "nope, not doing that" and so I joined The Cage instead : )