ColeS
4 years ago • May 7, 2020

Musical Revelations

ColeS • May 7, 2020
Songs which make you think, ‘Well... That’s sexy.’
ColeS
ColeS • May 7, 2020
I shall start things off with one that, while not indirect at all, is a bit off the beaten path and might be a new one to some.

Depeche Mode, “I Want You Now”
RavenN
RavenN • May 7, 2020
Vera Blue - "Hold" (mmmm...tie me down)
ColeS
ColeS • May 7, 2020
Hadn’t heard that one. Good one. Thanks for the find!
LordofPain56
4 years ago • May 8, 2020
LordofPain56 • May 8, 2020
Well, the title of the query immediately made me think of the song: "Tomorrow" by the Buoys (released circa 1972). I picked up on what you termed "revelations" as meaning what song might well describe my life's story.
The song is actually about a young man who had a girlfriend, but he would not allow them to be together until after he had made his fortune. By the third stanza of the song, tomorrow has indeed come, but he is old now, and fears that she is gone.
It turns out (although I avoided girls when I was a young man, but for the same reason the songwriter held his girl off), that I had the same attitude about getting my life together, creating a home, and having a stable income, etc BEFORE I would begin to seek a companion.
And tomorrow also came for me in the same way it did for the guy in the song.
Yes there were a few prospects in the '80's & '90's but they didn't work out to be long term as I had hoped.
Hope this did not cause anyone to become depressed. I like the song, really the whole album is good, but there was only one top 40 hit called "Timothy" in which three miners are trapped in a mine cave-in, so in order to prevent themselves from starving to death, they ate (cannibalized) Timothy. Okay, I guess that's another depressing song, haha.
ColeS
4 years ago • May 8, 2020
ColeS • May 8, 2020
Here’s one that is sexy in perhaps a little different way... more of a ‘perhaps I have found the one’ mind set:

Hyperballad by Bjork