Online now
Online now

Found Profile Belonging to Someone I Know to be RL Abuser

Elly​(sub female)
3 years ago • Jun 4, 2020

Found Profile Belonging to Someone I Know to be RL Abuser

Elly​(sub female) • Jun 4, 2020
Looking for advice about this. I found a profile of a person I know from real life. I am not comfortable sharing many details since, again, this is stuff from real life. But I am too familiar with this user and I know what kind of person they are and what they are willing to do to people. I'm not looking to get anyone kicked from the site or cause trouble, but I feel an obligation to provide a warning to others. Does anyone have any suggestions concerning this?
Thank you
House Talion​(dom male)
House Talion​(dom male) • Jun 4, 2020
Giving the severity of this matter I beleive it would be best to address this concern to the administrators. 1 bad apple can spoil the bunch, but you'll need hard evidence of such behavior. As much as we'd all like to boot n ban every rotten ubber wanna-be around, proof and not heresay is a requirement for such accusations no matter how true they may be. It is in the best interest of this community to always be aware and reasonable of such things.

I do speak from experience of such things as I've had prior false accusations set against me of which no matter what was said or done it was only a matter of heresay. As horrible as it is that such actions occur, it is just as bad to falsely accuse someone to the point that heresaybis seen as fact by anyone that doesnt know the individual which inevitably makes everyone else just as wrong for believing the heresay as the person that initially lied
Elly​(sub female)
That's a very good point. I don't have proof and I agree it would not be a good thing to seek to have the profile removed just on my word alone. I have not included any information about the profile here for that specific reason. Rumors help nothing. That's a slippery slope and not my intention. But, if I'm understanding you correctly, I should still alert the administrators about my concern?

If nothing comes of the user being here, that's perfectly fine. As long as they do not cause anyone harm, that's my only concern.
House Talion​(dom male)
House Talion​(dom male) • Jun 4, 2020
On each sitenor location you visit the administrators or monitors have the authority to what's right by said location and if such a person is around it's best to advise them of these ppl so they and their actions can be watched by the individuals that can do something about it if these bad apples continue with their usual ways
Road Toad
Road Toad • Jun 4, 2020
Interesting situation you find yourself in. You are undoubtedly between a rock and a hard place.
I would recommend contacting the authorities and pressing charges first and foremost. It the evidence at hand does not support such action, the only recourse I could recommend would be to educate people on what happened. The how, and the why of it, what are the warning signs, how to protect yourself. etc. These are things that could be done in a fashion that no one knows who you are talking about.
Preditors, ALWAYS have an agenda. Their anger will be turned on you when they figure out what you are doing.
For you, this is a real-life situation so PROTECT YOURSELF.
Elly​(sub female)
Unfortunately I have no proof so authorities are out of the question. I'm not concerned for myself, though. There is no way for them to know I am here, as I take my privacy extremely seriously. I am concerned for people who don't know this person. So a blog detailing how to spot this person/people like this would probably be my only recourse for the time being.
Road Toad
Road Toad • Jun 4, 2020
Such a blog would be beneficial to so many!
People often are to close to the abuse to see it. I encourage you to do so if you feel passionate about it
KnottyBunny
KnottyBunny • Jun 4, 2020
I agree. Blog it out and then block and move on.
Elly​(sub female)
I'm still new to the site, but once I'm able, I will happily write that blog. If even just one person was able to avoid a predator from that, I would be very happy.
IowaDom​(dom male)
IowaDom​(dom male) • Jun 4, 2020
Hate to play the other side here, but with no proof, you had better tread VERY lightly. A public accusation, even if not mentioning someby specifically, if a "reasonable" person can determine who you are speaking of, you ar opening yourself up to litigation in the realm of slander.

Personally, I would send what I know to the admins, and let it go from there

" I Know" versus "I can Prove" - one sticks in court, the other could come right back at you