Online now
Online now

Gay and Bisexual (or other non heteronormative variants)

tallslenderguy​(other male)
3 years ago • Jul 22, 2020

Gay and Bisexual (or other non heteronormative variants)

i love The Cage community. i am enjoying the many serious and open discussions that happen here, and the wonderful people participating.

i'm starting to feel like the only gay guy here though. i know it's not the case, i've done the 'searches,' read the ads, but i don't see much active participation from non hetero people in the forums? i wonder why? i'm beginning to feel like 'token'.

Seriously though, i have spent time on Recon, a gay BDSM site, and to me the 'community' there could benefit from mixing it up with the straight BDSM community in a place like The Cage. We do have many commonalities, even if our gender attraction is different. Frankly, i've been simultaneously encouraged and discouraged by the posts here. Encouraged because i find a lot more people here who treat and approach D/s as a mutual relationship where both have equal say, discouraged because i don't find any gay people in those discussions.

Are the non hetero people lurking and just not participating? Or are they just not around the forums and why?
AlexiaT​(sub male)
3 years ago • Jul 23, 2020
AlexiaT​(sub male) • Jul 23, 2020
I'd put myself more in the bisexual side...but agree with your comment!
maggiemae​(sub female)
3 years ago • Jul 24, 2020
maggiemae​(sub female) • Jul 24, 2020
Im bisexual, so to be honest that’s not hugely represented on this site in forums either. What I did do was join some local to me groups on fet and found they had a broader diversity engaging in conversation homosexual, lesbian, binary and bi. So I mean knowing how non serious fet is in the short span I’ve been there at least I’ve found people I can talk to close to my area. I know this doesn’t help here, but perhaps they’ll stop lurking already.
My Dear{Trust}
My Dear{Trust} • Jul 24, 2020
I'm Bi and have known that about myself since my early 20s, in more recent years I've found that my interests have broadened and become even more open; but, let's be honest, in the past decade being bi is trendy. I catch way less flak for my way of being than a gay or lesbian person ever will. Give The Cage time; &, as you meet others on those other sites, tell them about here. Maybe You could be the building block for a more active Caged gay community.
Miki
Miki • Jul 24, 2020
Bi leaning slightly lesbian but I mix it up (or used to in The Before Time)

... with anyone I click with.
AlexiaT​(sub male)
AlexiaT​(sub male) • Jul 24, 2020
I've found the happy fact about many people here are sapiosexual!
DeviousMaster​(dom male)
DeviousMaster​(dom male) • Jul 24, 2020
Consider yourself being lucky because you have plenty of free time for the forums or unlucky because you`re alone when all you seek/crave is action,, someone(or more than one) close to you...or the third option, with you being peaceful with what it is at the moment, exactly as it is, and with whatever will be/come in the so called future. : )
simplylaura​(sub female){djinni}
3 years ago • Jul 25, 2020
I'm a queer, lesbian, submissive, cisgender woman. I also identify as a boi, in terms of being a masculine of center (not quite butch but desperately wishing I was one) female submissive. Girl just doesn't work for me.

I've often thought that there isn't a lot of visible queer representation on this site, but I also can't complain as I met my now live-in girlfriend/partner/Dominant in the chat room here. I'd love to see the queer forums become more active as I believe that while we all share similar experiences, all our relationships are nuanced and deserve their own spaces.

Don't give up on finding gay love/play/sex on here! I'm living proof it exists.
    The most loved post in topic