Online now
Online now

Are you a true masochist?

KnottyBunny
3 years ago • Sep 2, 2020
KnottyBunny • Sep 2, 2020
I love how everyone always tries to tell me what I am and what I am not.

I achieve sexual gratification from being in pain, bound, and humiliated.

Being smacked in the face to where my ears are ringing, being punched, choked, whipped, caned, bound, taken to the point of bleeding, extreme hair pulling, tossed around like a rag doll. Soon to try barbed wire and breast nailing.

Just ask Konvik, the flood gates open when all of his metal is binding me on my tip toes hung by my anal hook and hair to his chain and being beaten with my body shaking, bruised and bleeding.

So, no one has actually answered the simple question of "are you a true masochist?"

Look up the definition.
shahh
shahh • Sep 2, 2020
No one is telling you what you are or aren't . Only you can define that. But calling yourself 'true' anything is automatically imposing a false definition on others. So if you want to call yourself true, by all means have at it, but to get upset or annoyed when others define themselves as a masochist different from your interpretation and tell them they aren't because your way is the true...is hypocritcal.

Yes. I am a masochist.
KnottyBunny
No I am not "automatically" "impossing" anything by using the word "true".

Everyone all up in their feelings might be receiving it that way but that is not what I said. I have not said anyone is not a masochist by simply asking a question and using the word true.

True to the definition.

Someone could be born male but feel they are female. It does not change the fact of the definition of "male". Same holds for the definition of true or any other word for that matter. There is no spectrum of any definition or any word. The root word of definition, is definite.

You may "feel" differently, but it still does not change the definition of a word.
SweetSirRendering​(sub female)
AriesGoddess wrote:
No I am not "automatically" "impossing" anything by using the word "true".

Someone could be born male but feel they are female. It does not change the fact of the definition of "male". Same holds for the definition of true or any other word for that matter. There is no spectrum of any definition or any word. The root word of definition, is definite.

You may "feel" differently, but it still does not change the definition of a word.

this is not allowed on this site. trans are real people and they are whoever they know they are. YOU do not get to define ANYONE based on your own limited view. i am now using a disgusted tone. what did you hope to accomplish beyond attempting to negate the reality and existence of many people.

your question has been answered by many in two forum topics. your edge play is not all that is S&M fyi even if it is all you want or know. i am sorry you currently lack the ability to comprehend that which doesn’t fit your experiences.

you have broken the rules of site, community, and as far as i’m concerned, basic respect and decency. i hope you keep your ignorance and “politics / agenda” to yourself in the future.
tallslenderguy​(other male)

Re: Are you a true masochist?

AriesGoddess wrote:
Well are you? Who else can relate to me?

I mean I am still submissive in nature to the right man but I really only desire to be given pain. That is where I will be submissive, to get my pain.

I will still pop my mouth off and have little/middle tendencies sometimes but that is just so the beatings can be ten times worse.

Yes, I push buttons, roll my eyes, make snarky remarks and back talk, borderline disrespectful.... sometimes flat out disrespectful.

But its all for that one goal..... receive pain.

Knowing I will get it worse and without warning. Bring out that bloodthurst in his eyes that makes me weak, borderline fearful...

Sometimes I will play fearful (submissive me) so he can get what he needs too. It drives him to the point where that level of pain I need can be given.

Call me submissive too I guess, but not just for anything.

i don't think this question has a simple "true" or "false" answer? i don't consider myself a physical masochist at all, but when i read the definition for "masochist" i find "humiliation" included in at least one, and i definitely derive erotic gratification from some forms of humiliation/degradation, so a "spectrum" for measurement makes sense to me, i question the notion of absolutes. These are just my thoughts though, added to the discussion.

For starters, here's a couple of definitions of "masochist"copied and pasted from the Webster and Oxford dictionaries:

Webster:
"a person who derives sexual gratification from being subjected to physical pain or humiliation"

Oxford:
"​a person who gets sexual pleasure from being hurt or controlled by somebody else"

Both 'authorities' on words appear to me to include D/s in the definition? "Sub[jected]," "controlled." To me, that reads like they include at least a component of domintiion/subjugation/submission?

Can either a Sadist or masochist derive "sexual gratification" or "sexual pleasure" on their own? i'm guessing a sadist might, sort of, if there was no consent, but that's still not really on their own, they still need a subject? Could a masochist achieve what they need without submitting to a sadist? As i think about it, what you describe about about how you "push buttons..." sounds like it borders on blurring consent? In either case though, doesn't each need a form of their opposite to meet their need? That S&M is relational?

sardonicus87 wrote: "S&M by itself, is only about pain. No pain? Not S&M. Pretty simple. It's not about "one true way", it's about that's literally what a sadist/masochist is: they "get off" (for lack of a better term) on inflicting/receiving pain. But also what distinguishes it is they get off on the pain itself."

It seems to me though that "...they get off on the pain itself," but not independent from the sadist? To me there seems to be a (neccesary?) relational connection happening, on some level, otherwise, couldn't a 'true' masochist get their needs met self inflicting? And if there is a necessary relational connection, how does one measure which carries more weight? (i.e., the relationship or the pain?). i don't see how "S&M by itself, is only about the pain"?

Re "spectrum," i don't see how one can 'truly' measure (anything other than arithmetic) otherwise? Especially something as fluid and multidimensional as human nature.

i'm a critical care nurse and part of my patient assessment on all patients (i've done thousands of these), is pain assessment. in medicine, we use a scale of 0-10, "0" being no pain at all and "!0" being the worst pain one can have. Invariably, there are patients who assert pain of "15." i also assess for a 'management' number or goal for chronic pain sufferers. Pain assessment is totally subjective and it's a tool used to help manage that particular patients pain. It has to be an individual assessment and personalized intervention to be effective, it isn't as simple as 'true' or 'false' pain, everyone is different, even though over time i've encountered patterns. One persons "3" is another persons "10."

Last edited by * on Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total
shahh
shahh • Sep 2, 2020
Completely agree with SSR.

Masochist: a person who derives sexual gratification from being subjected to physical pain or humiliation.

There is a plethora of variance of interpretation in that definition. If you cannot see beyond your own limitations, that is your own issue to live with.

If written definitions are your bread and butter, it appears you are a true narcissist. Look up that definition if you're unclear.
KnottyBunny
Pain is pain and humiliation is humiliation. Pure and simple.

Humans likes to complicate things.
shahh
shahh • Sep 2, 2020
And what creates those feelings in humans...varies beyond your wildest dreams it seems.
KnottyBunny
The definition of pain is exactly that, same with masochist, same with sadist same with humiliation.

Seems like you have to try to make me agree with you. Or is it a last word thing?
shahh
shahh • Sep 2, 2020
*chuckles. I'm bored and tired of giving attention and time to who doesn't want to engage in meaningful conversation. You pose questions and don't like or accept the answers. Tell you what...I'll vote for you for Bestest Biggest Baddest Truest Purest Masochist in the whole wide world. Miss Masochist World if you like. I hope you win.