Online now
Online now

What are the Best Ways to Learn about BDSM?

aemouse​(switch male)
3 years ago • Sep 15, 2020

What are the Best Ways to Learn about BDSM?

aemouse​(switch male) • Sep 15, 2020
Hi there! I'm super new to, well, everything about BDSM, to the point where I don't even really know what I'm looking for (other than to learn more about it). It's hard to read through some of the information on here--valuable as it is--without first having a decent grasp on the subject in general. I was wondering if anyone had any tips for how to learn more about BDSM, any books I should consider reading, sites I should consider joining, or things I should consider doing.

I love to learn, but I feel as though I am lost in an endless sea here, with no compass to guide me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If this is not the way I should go about asking these questions, I apologize!

(Oh, and I guess that I should add that I consider myself to be a submissive, although that is more just because I have no idea what I am doing and so the idea of "dominating" someone seems foreign to me)
kajirasubm{On Hiatus }
kajirasubm{On Hiatus } • Sep 15, 2020
Read, talk to people, share thoughts and ideas.
Ultimately you will find your own path and definition of what BDSM means for you.
There are no definitions - but your own.
As far as books are concerned...try Amazon Kindle...type in bdsm books and scroll through reviews.

Write your own definition of what submission means to you and why.
Think of what you want and need in a relationship.
Take it from there.
Exploration begins within and expands outwardly.
    The most loved post in topic
Myrrdin​(dom male)
Myrrdin​(dom male) • Sep 15, 2020
I agree that reading, talking to people and sharing are all good ways. If you can find someone that you feel comfortable with, exploring some with them can also be helpful. Like talk to them about likes and dislikes, when the virus stuff ends and events become possible again, go to events with them and learn stuff together. These are all ways to find out more about BDSM. Do you own research and talking to people I think are the two best ways though for sure!