Online now
Online now

BDSM / Awareness / Putting ourselves out there.

TotalTrouble{Taken}
3 years ago • Sep 21, 2020

BDSM / Awareness / Putting ourselves out there.

TotalTrouble{Taken} • Sep 21, 2020
So I was thinking how the Gay Community has a symbol they use the “Rainbow” to let others know that is who they are or that they support the Gay Community. So how can We as The BDSM Community come up with a “Symbol” something we can “Wear Proudly” to show others out there in our Community that One we Support the BDSM Community but also that we are Approachable as another BDSM Person, Member. I’m sure that I’m not the only person hear in my State or City that is apart of the BDSM world. It would make things a lot easier to know by seeing Our Own Symbol out on the street or in our own back yard to find Partners in Our World to Play with Learn From and Teach. To have Our Own Symbol to put out there for the World and on Social Medea at large. To “Open the Eyes” from something that is “Taboo” to something Excepted, Loved, Cherished, Needed.... So what do you all think? How can we as the BDSM Community “Take Our Right”, into the “Next Step”? And Open More Eyes to Our Family. Open the Door to Finding Our Other Halves in Our Own Back Yard.
somethingclever​(sub female){Searching}
I don't think homosexuality and BDSM can be compared in this way. I think the rainbow flag represents human love, and BDSM is a human interest, even a lifestyle for some. As much as I would love an 'identifier' such as a flag to know when others are in a similar mind set to mine and vise versa, I don't think it's necessary for this.
Chain emoji works wonders for online dating profiles icon_smile.gif
Forums and chats such as FetLife, the Cage offer safe spaces with open arms for those interested in exploring.
Bunnie
Bunnie • Sep 21, 2020
There is a symbol for BDSM...

“The Meaning of the BDSM Triskelion
Within the BDSM emblem that we use today are the three spokes which create three divisions along several possible lines of representation. One is that they represent the three divisions of BDSM: bondage and discipline, dominance and submission, sadism and masochism.”

I came across this page with a whole heap of symbols. The first one is the one I was talking about... the Triskelion.

https://blog.beautifullybound.com.au/bdsm/bdsm-symbols-and-their-meanings.htm

This goes into a bit more depth to explain how the Triskelion varies in what we see and what the differences are...

http://emblemproject.sagcs.net/Is.html

If you google “BDSM symbol,” there’s a wealth of information out there icon_smile.gif
    The most loved post in topic
DrWakko
DrWakko • Sep 21, 2020
To add on to bunnies comment there are also pride flags for:

Leather
BDSM
Bear
Littles
Master/slave
Rubber
Puppy
Pony
And others

I have Leather pride key chains on all my key sets.
Bunnie
Bunnie • Sep 21, 2020
@ TotalTrouble,

Lol! No need to feel stupid... we all began at the beginning icon_smile.gif
TotalTrouble{Taken}
TotalTrouble{Taken} • Sep 21, 2020
At least you were polite and used this to teach me something. Others are Down Right Cruel. Thank You.
kajirasubm{On Hiatus }
kajirasubm{On Hiatus } • Sep 21, 2020
I wear identifying bracelets...that aren't overt.
They appear as elegant jewelry, but I do notice
" knowing " smiles.
There are many ways of communication..and limitless designs.
MissBonnie​(dom female){oz}
3 years ago • Sep 22, 2020
I wear a lot of BDSM trisk jewelry. If you look online there are loads of sites that sell it. You can also buy clothing etc. I also have a little leather flogger on my keychain...surprisingly, its get noticed more than my jewelry and has started some interesting conversations. Another idea is thumbcuffs on your keys or hanging off a bag, the belt loop of your jeans etc. My coffee cup at work had the trisk too! You can find many products that have it.
If your feeling like the lifestyle is your forever groove, a tattoo is another idea on the inside of your wrist.
If you want to be less overt, bumber stickers or saying on Ts that make double entendre can do the trick too.

Edited because I'm more dyslexic than normal Do'h!