Online now
Online now

Omittance

truckstopjunkie
3 years ago • Oct 4, 2020
truckstopjunkie • Oct 4, 2020
I agree outside of trauma related omittance. People know what they are doing when they omit, that's why there are sentences for people that omit on the stand. It's the capability to omit that is practiced and it is malicious and intended when used in retaliation. Thanks
LongerJohnny​(dom male)
LongerJohnny​(dom male) • Oct 4, 2020
I thought it was important to clarify that none of what I was saying was trauma-related. I would never dare presume to understand that. I hope I did not offend anyone.
truckstopjunkie
You made that clear, so no worries my friend. Omittance no matter how it is produced isnt healthy for anyone. Especially the one omitting. My point of view, so no worries.
truckstopjunkie
@ longer Johnny
Hey D, O double G I normally dont like another males profile but I did yours. So dont be getting all funny and then omitting it. Lol.
DaddyDrago​(dom male){LilAmethys}
Omittance can be unknown and still be omittance.
Example:
When I was much younger I felt as if being the emotional being that I was was wrong. I was told constantly that men don't have emotions. Men don't cry. Grow up et cetera. I chose to bury that piece of myself. To omit it. I made a conscious choice to deny I was an emotional creature to attempt to conform to the ideals many deemed I should have as a man.
Fast forward to my relationships 10 years later, 20 years later. I no longer was making a conscious choice to omit........it had become a trauma response. It was as natural as breathing to me to state, "Hey, I'm not overly emotional." When really, the truth was quite opposite and if anyone hung around me long enough they would discover the honesty quite easily.
Was my omission a trauma related result of my past? One could say so.........but one could also say and be just as valid that I was omitting a piece of myself that was honest intentionally as a way to hide or run from the truth because it was uncomfortable for me.
What is the truth?
For ME, the truth is that I was uncomfortable being myself. Triggers or not my emotions were a valid piece of me and running from the reality made that no less honest.
Now, the question is, how many of us do this in miniscule ways that we may not even be aware of?
If omission is a PURPOSEFUL and INTENTIONAL choice to keep a piece of ourselves, a truth, a piece of the facts et cetera from others for ANY reason aren't we ALL guilty of doing so on some level?
How many of us are guilty of not speaking up when we should have?
How many of us have been afraid to tell the truth to a friend because we were afraid of hurting their feelings or upsetting them?
How many disagree with someone in principle but lack the conviction or moxy to tell them?
Is it omission or compassion?

I can't answer it myself. Maybe someone wiser can.
Personally, I don't believe in omission at ALL. Mostly because I have omitted in my past and have harmed myself and others terribly in doing so and therefore choose to be intentional with what I share and express as a transparent piece of me.

I will say this, in order to omit something that would matter to another, one must be in a place with someone else that they are trusted, respected, believed. Omission THEN can be a real and violent act as you betray every one of the principles that the other person has extended to you.
However, it is NOT omission when someone else has not extended trust, doesn't hold respect or belief in you. When they are a simple stranger you owe nothing in the way of transparency to another.
Example:
I don't tell the cashier I flogged my submissive last night and bruised her good.
Am I omitting? NO. They neither asked nor are given that information even if they did ask what I did last night. Because I am not indebted to being transparent with someone I cannot trust in principle with information I do not know they can handle. I consider this a boundary. NOT OMISSION.

Omission, to ME, comes down to having something actually invested and worth being omitted. Meaning, in a relationship/friendship trust is a living breathing, growing earned space. As you stated, within the context of a court of law agreeing to speak the truth. In this lifestyle, committing to building trust across the board as a foundational piece within the context of a given dynamic to omit is to erode or detonate building that trust. The same is said to be true within the context of any relationship where TRUST becomes a needed piece to continue the relationship. The court of law is asking for no less. Do you agree to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth? Meaning, can we trust you? If we cannot you will be held liable for your omittance of the truth because you can't be trusted to speak the truth. ANY relationship that requires, or uses trust in its existence MUST hold to no omittance or the relationship can NOT be viable.
truckstopjunkie
@ Drago
Fucking A! D, O, DOUBLE G!!!!!! I knew there was a reason that I shouldn't block you. Lol. I was actually starving for your input. Thanks for showing up, and truly I am being sincere. When you are on point I cant quit reading you, and I appreciate you. Thanks man. Now dont let that go to your head and lose your JUJU. We need it. Thanks OG
truckstopjunkie
Omittanc is omittance only when the correct question is asked. When the answer is omitted then and only then is any action omitted. The right question determines whether or not a person has omitted anything. There is no omittance without a direct and deliberate question and even then if you yourself do not know the truth already, will you know of omittance.
truckstopjunkie
Omittance is premeditated, traumatically induced or viciously devised. Viciously devised, premeditated omittance is death to any growth. More so, in my eyes seen as suffocation to the premeditated. My point of view. Shakespeare's point of view: ommitance is no quitance. Thanks Shakespeare as if we needed more on our what to avoid plate.
MariGold
3 years ago • Oct 7, 2020
MariGold • Oct 7, 2020
Does anyone know why truckstopjunkie deleted his profile?