Online now
Online now

Omittance

Bunnie
3 years ago • Oct 7, 2020
Bunnie • Oct 7, 2020
As with anything, whether I find (in this case) omittance acceptable or not is dependant on the level of trust I have for the person. If I know that they may at times omit certain knowledge from me as a form of emotional protection... and I have appointed them that role... then I am ok with trusting their judgement. Getting to that level of trust, however, (ironically) requires absolute transparency.
LongerJohnny​(dom male)
3 years ago • Oct 7, 2020
LongerJohnny​(dom male) • Oct 7, 2020
They definitely have their times and places and advantages but I'm just not a fan of lying and/or omitting. My friends tell me I'm too honest (whatever the fuck that means) and that I should learn to lie a little. Ugh - I know how to lie, I just prefer not to. We all have our reasons for maybe not telling exactly the truth but 100 out of 100 times I would rather have my feelings hurt by the truth than have them spared with a lie.
But I get it. I have in fact lied for the benefit of others, and it is comforting to know that people care enough about each other enough to want to protect them from a harsh truth. And yes, ironically sometimes it is those people who you can trust more with your feelings.