Online now
Online now

Thoughts on BDSM Bars

xHarleyQuinn​(sub female){Collared }
3 years ago • Oct 30, 2020

Thoughts on BDSM Bars

I have been in a variety of circles and communities in relation to BDSM for close to 20 years, and the general consensus seems to be that sober is best. Especially in the beginning when meeting people. In many of the social clubs, you were not even allowed in if you were drunk or on drugs (if they could tell), and in one, they did allow for BYOB, but you weren't allowed in the playroom until you had been a member for a certain length of time, and no one was allowed in if they weren't sober.

How do you all feel about a bar that has a back room for a resident Dom to spank and flog anyone who gets in line, whether they are drunk or sober, or new to the bar, or even the lifestyle?
Kara​(sub female){Dark Roast}
I would be absolutely horrified at the idea. For one, it would be a consent violaton to have someone who flogs or spanks people who get out of line. For another, no responsible Dom would take on a position of physically punishing someone who isn’t theirs or is a total stranger. Lastly, it’s a nightmare from a legal perspective.
    The most loved post in topic
forgedbyfire
forgedbyfire • Oct 30, 2020
It would be a no for me. It not only sounds gimmicky, but dangerous on so many levels.
ElizaEmma​(sub female){NotLooking}
Kara wrote:
I would be absolutely horrified at the idea. For one, it would be a consent violaton to have someone who flogs or spanks people who get out of line. For another, no responsible Dom would take on a position of physically punishing someone who isn’t theirs or is a total stranger. Lastly, it’s a nightmare from a legal perspective.

Agree! And you cannot really disinfect leather flogger. The thought of a flogger used on multiple people is disgusting and unhygienic. 🤮
IowaDom​(dom male)
IowaDom​(dom male) • Oct 30, 2020
Better have another office in there for the resident Bail Bondsman icon_smile.gif you'll be wanting to keep him on retainer, and get group discounts!
MrFulmen
MrFulmen • Oct 30, 2020
You just described Bondage-a-Go-Go, which ran every Wednesday night in San Francisco for twenty-seven years until Covid 19 shut it down along with everything else. It worked just fine. No major issues, and people had fun.

(Note that the OP said the house top would flog people who got *in* line, as in people who lined up for a flogging. Not that they would flog people who got *out of* line.)
Kara​(sub female){Dark Roast}
I stand by my statements. Drunk people can not consent and no responsible Dom would play with anyone impaired. Also, while the likelihood of someone sobering up and suing afterwards is slim, it’s still there and liability insurance doesn’t cover willful assault. I understood the OP’s meaning perfectly; but it’s still all the things mentioned.
xHarleyQuinn​(sub female){Collared }
MrFulmen wrote:
You just described Bondage-a-Go-Go, which ran every Wednesday night in San Francisco for twenty-seven years until Covid 19 shut it down along with everything else. It worked just fine. No major issues, and people had fun.

(Note that the OP said the house top would flog people who got *in* line, as in people who lined up for a flogging. Not that they would flog people who got *out of* line.)

Did they have a resident top who would flog and spank random drunk people on request? I thought they had a monitor who ensured safe consensual play amongst those who wanted to use the space.
MrFulmen

Re: Thoughts on BDSM Bars

MrFulmen • Oct 30, 2020
xHarleyQuinn wrote:
Did they have a resident top who would flog and spank random drunk people on request? I thought they had a monitor who ensured safe consensual play amongst those who wanted to use the space.

There was often a house top available to give tastes of bondage or impact play to random patrons, many of whom had had a drink or two.

They did filter out folks who were visibly sloppy drunk.
shahh
shahh • Oct 30, 2020
Hmm...different strokes for different folks?? Lol.

But seriously, although not my style, I can see where a lot of people would love this. I think some may be assuming that the floggings and spankings were intense or enough to leave marks. Why is that assumption there? Floggings or spanking are not necessarily 'punishments'. My guess would be light, teasing ones would be used on the 'newbies' (to that particicular Dom/top) and anything more intense would come from experience with that person. As for the hygiene...until covid...not a lot different than shaking hands provided skin was not broken.