Online now
Online now

Missing Comments

SSG{ENM-TLP}
3 years ago • Dec 6, 2020

Missing Comments

SSG{ENM-TLP} • Dec 6, 2020
I noticed old comments that were present even after a member deactivated their account are now missing. I still see the "Likes" but not their comments. Is there an explanation for why they disappeared? Just curious.
Cage Monkey​(staff)
3 years ago • Dec 7, 2020
Cage Monkey​(staff) • Dec 7, 2020
Hello,

Yes indeed, comments from users who are not active on the site will not be shown in blogs anymore. Probably the same should be with Likes.
Literate Lycan​(dom male)
Literate Lycan​(dom male) • Dec 7, 2020
Just confirming . . Not active vs deactivated vs deleted accounts?

Not active being someone who has an account but isn’t active . . . For a while.

Deactivated meaning they simply deactivated their account but aren’t deleted. Just in limbo.

Deleted account (possibly also banned and their profile is scrubbed off).

Are you indicating that individuals who have deactivated or been deleted will now have their comments removed?

Thanks,
LL
Cage Monkey​(staff)
Cage Monkey​(staff) • Dec 7, 2020
Yes, sorry I meant for all cases of a disabled-account, be due to deactivation, deletion, or other reasons.

If a user doesn't visit the site for a while their account remains activated, and their comments don't get removed.
Miki
3 years ago • Dec 8, 2020
Miki • Dec 8, 2020
I deactivated last October for a few weeks to take a break without my inbox filling up, and those who wrote the messages thinking I was ignoring them--- However all my comments remained intact.

True enough it was only for 2 maybe 3 weeks, perhaps they zap comments if someone absconds for a lengthy period of time measured in months.

Just a guess.
Cage Monkey​(staff)
3 years ago • Dec 8, 2020
Cage Monkey​(staff) • Dec 8, 2020
When an account becomes deactivated (reversible action) the comments are hidden but they don't get deleted, so if the account is reactivated - they appear back where they were.

Also, when your account is deactivated it's impossible to send you messages.
Miki
3 years ago • Dec 9, 2020
Miki • Dec 9, 2020
Thanks Banana-breath! I was wanting to know if I shut down for a small bit if my existence here was voided out. Nice to know that short-term absence is excused.

You earned your pay for the week as far as I'm concerned, if only in banana peels.

icon_razz.gif
Miki
3 years ago • Dec 9, 2020
Miki • Dec 9, 2020
Thanks Cage Monkey.. Be it known to All thee Presents:

I hate monkeys

icon_biggrin.gif
alawey​(sub female){(OWNED BY }
3 years ago • Dec 12, 2020
Just my input there and I know that in all reality it doesnt really matter much. But I dont like that this happens or that their blogs and such disappear if they deleted there account. I can understand if they are banned . But just a suggestion , may there be a way to allow blogs and such to stay. With a disclaimer stating if profile is gone the poster is no longer on site ( somewhere in rules or such) . I'm only make this suggestion because there have be a great number of get blogs full of knowledge that are now gone because the posted has left the site for one reason or another. ( other than being banned because they were banned for a reason)
Just a thought....
    The most loved post in topic