Online now
Online now

“I am a brat and a bit of a handful”

CSI
CSI
3 years ago • Mar 16, 2021
CSI • Mar 16, 2021
I do not identify as a brat. Never have and never will. However, I believe most of the problems lie with how people are defining the term. Most traditionalists think of brats as disrespectful, topping from the bottom, manipulating situations in order to get their way, attention-seeking, and constantly pushing boundaries. Newer people to the lifestyle seem to define it as being sassy and playful, never disrespectful, and having a personality (which, imo, includes most submissives). Just my 2 cents
SubtleHush​(sub female)
SubtleHush​(sub female) • Mar 16, 2021
cutesexyintelligent​ "Newer people to the lifestyle seem to define it as being sassy and playful, never disrespectful, and having a personality (which, imo, includes most submissives). Just my 2 cents"

I think you are spot on with this post.

I've always been feisty and joked a lot but was never disrespectful. I called it feisty.

As an author you learn early to always consider your audience. Else you are writing just to see your words in print. I think we get into trouble when newer people interact with traditionalists who aren't laughing along.

But it's more than that. We have many more people out there than I think is realized who want that brat. They want to hurt, break, step on, and beat that brat. I've seen it too many times. So what consenting adults engage in is not important to me, but the inexperienced person who ends up with a brat breaker is going to suffer.

And the ones doing harm will shrug it off as "you did that and wanted me to stop you, so I stopped you." they thrive on that.

Maybe if it was theory to me, I'd be less tense about it. But it isn't theory, I've put those brats back together or talked them out of meeting strangers in hotel rooms at night.

I discourage them from believing that he will stop them, (how hot) or force them. etc

So it matters.

When you stop a child from running out into traffic you don't wait to see if they know how a truck runs, you just don't want them hit by one.
CSI
CSI
CSI • Mar 16, 2021
Subtlehush - yes!! When someone actually takes "make me" seriously and it is no longer fun, it can be downright terrifying. And they need to have spent enough time getting to know that person in order to know that probably won't happen. There is no way to be 100% sure, but they need to take the time to be as safe as humanly possible.
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker}
2 years ago • Dec 7, 2021
Quirkyrebel wrote:
Wow! Hushy! I'm gonna accuse you of kink shaming! Disrespect! And shame on you! You are really after me aren't you!?

Go fuck somebody who can teach you respect! I don't have time for your crude insults! Shitty attitude! And bullcrap!

Fuck off and respect us you bitch!

Whoa! Good gawds almighty! THIS - right the fuck HERE! This monumentally aggressive and overblown attack is very indicative of what so many people are wary of when it comes to the behavior of a large number of brats. Pure venomous anger on display at what she perceived to be "disrespectful" of her chosen kinky behaviors. How amusingly ironic it is for this "rebel" to scream at someone else that THEY need to be taught respect. After calling someone else a bitch and ordering that person to "fuck off". And for these types of behaviors "brats" should be embraced and indulged? If this were an episode of a legal drama, this is precisely where the prosecution would announce: "I rest my case."
2 years ago • Dec 7, 2021
shortylotus wrote:
I am 100% brat.

It comes down to attention and getting the attention i crave at the time. The worst punishment to give a brat....ignore her.

And there it is. This is where most brats earn the disdain of many other more mature people and why most brats get brushed off as being overly dramatic, attention seeking manipulators. There's no trying to dress that very LOUD admission up as anything but cold and calculated defiance. Whatever it takes for the focus to be on no one but the "brat".
2 years ago • Dec 8, 2021
Betty Tails wrote:
Well, oh dear. Such a lot of effort in writing those posts to not much effect. I hope we have grown in the 8 months since this forum tantrum episode. 😕🤨

I haven't read back to ALL of the previous comments from 8 months ago. I responded to only two - one of them so effing outrageous that at first thought it must have been a sarcastic attempt at humor that failed badly. And then another where it was evident there was no sarcasm intended but rather a sense of entitlement that the person felt they should be indulged in for no reason other than it satisfied HER own needs at the expense of any partner she might be involved with. Those kinds of irascible responses are, unfortunately, why "brats" are looked askance at frequently. It's truly a case of being your own worst enemy sometimes. icon_sad.gif
Zvengali
2 years ago • Dec 11, 2021
Zvengali • Dec 11, 2021
.....Hows this.....There should be only one BRAT, and he/she should be in a glass case at the Smithsonian......
What true Dominant wants to waste his time on such a person....If your a brat, then its your job to fix it. It is not a Dominants job to fix what you already know you are. Come back when youve fixed that part of you.....otherwise, its a waste of our time.

........... Zvengali
Zvengali
Zvengali • Dec 11, 2021
CSI wrote:
I do not identify as a brat. Never have and never will. However, I believe most of the problems lie with how people are defining the term. Most traditionalists think of brats as disrespectful, topping from the bottom, manipulating situations in order to get their way, attention-seeking, and constantly pushing boundaries. Newer people to the lifestyle seem to define it as being sassy and playful, never disrespectful, and having a personality (which, imo, includes most submissives). Just my 2 cents

Well, that two cents you just paid for that information wasnt well spent. PTSD, SHELL SHOCK, BATTLE FATIGUE.....all the same thing with different words. A Brat is a Brat is a Brat. Newer people are just trying to put a spin on what we already know....they are attention seeking, constantly pushing boundaries and just plain want attention. Call it what you want....playful and sassy ?? Cmon man.... Only people who like Brats, are other Brats....apparently some identity crises the NEWER PEOPLE are going thru....I guess....

............. Z
Zvengali
Zvengali • Dec 11, 2021
BabyDoll........quote "If you desire, I've written about Brats extensively in my blog. There are 10 chapters so far and if you go to the very beginning of my blog, you will find them all posted back-to-back."

So your saying that you have ten chapters on what a brad is and why ? There are no studies that I have ever know of, on the reason Brats act like Brats. And surely, it isnt all because of how they were raised....Are we going to label everything on someones childhood ? And OMG PTSD and Brats...I dont know where your reading this stuff. But its quite laughable.. Or your just trying to justify ones crapy behavior that NO ONE wants to be around. But its interesting you come up with that much material for that many chapters.

I wouldnt entertain anyone who states they are a brat. I wouldnt want one, be around one or even watch one. They are all the same....ATTENTION GETTERS and crave it, have to have it. One would spend a great deal of good quality time supervising their actions and correcting them. Time that could be spent teaching and guiding and structuring them. Pushing them to be the best person they can.....BRATS.....Pisssshhhh