Online now
Online now

dealing with sub-drops

Lucilla​(sub female)
3 years ago • Jan 23, 2021

dealing with sub-drops

Lucilla​(sub female) • Jan 23, 2021
to all my fellow subs out there, how do you deal with sub-drops without a dom? i've dropped pretty hard and I don't know what to do
    The most loved post in topic
DrWakko
DrWakko • Jan 23, 2021
To deal with drop is about you and your likes. I know some people that take a day just to read and sit in a bath. I know some that like to go for runs. I know some that will eat more sugary food or chocolate. You need to experiment on yourself and find out what works best.

Sub drop (which really should be bottom drop) happens after you do a bdsm scene and you are dropping from a spike in endorphins. Are you just feeling depressed and calling it sub drop?
Lucilla​(sub female)
Lucilla​(sub female) • Jan 23, 2021
DrWakko wrote:
To deal with drop is about you and your likes. I know some people that take a day just to read and sit in a bath. I know some that like to go for runs. I know some that will eat more sugary food or chocolate. You need to experiment on yourself and find out what works best.

Sub drop (which really should be bottom drop) happens after you do a bdsm scene and you are dropping from a spike in endorphins. Are you just feeling depressed and calling it sub drop?

I did a scene by myself (all safe and precautionary, don't worry) and I've been feeling low since. I know the difference between feeling depressed and experiencing a drop
LongerJohnny​(dom male)
LongerJohnny​(dom male) • Jan 23, 2021
By asking for help you have done the best thing you can for the present.
That is not much help, but I'm wishing you all the best.
My Dear{Trust}
My Dear{Trust} • Jan 23, 2021
Wacko is right on this on. Allow yourself recovery time. Rest, hydration, comfort, and avoiding stress will help anyone. Some people need the comfort of other, some need their pets or stuffed, still others need alone time. As another person said, recovery is a very individual process. My advice is above... when alone, my recovery usually includes rest, sleep, snuggling in for some silly stuff on TV for a mood boost, a little chocolate, a little caffeine, and some comfort food. Think pampered and Cozy...thats my niche.
Sasa​(dom female)
Sasa​(dom female) • Jan 23, 2021
It takes time until your hormones are in balance again, no matter what. A little sport, walking, running, bike and being in nature is helpful
ellefire​(sub female)
3 years ago • Jan 24, 2021
ellefire​(sub female) • Jan 24, 2021
I agree that talking helps! I also find that sensory things are useful... a nice warm shower or bath, a soft snuggly blanket, and a hot sweet drink and toast. And a walk, either before or after all that, depending on time of day. Feel free to send a message if I can help! I really hate sub(bottom) drop.
House Talion​(dom male)
3 years ago • Jan 24, 2021
House Talion​(dom male) • Jan 24, 2021
My apologies for any intrusion, but I like my 2 cents known. Sub-zero w/out a Dom. . . I'd say look to your fellow subs for support, especially the ones that have been in the lifestyle a decade, as they can give you more support than your 'fantasy don't ever could