Online now
Online now

Tips for kneeling with 40 year old knees.

ErosRising​(dom male){Hekate}
3 years ago • Jan 23, 2021

Tips for kneeling with 40 year old knees.

I never thought I’d be asking this. I’m the one that has sat criss-cross on the floor because of my job for decades. Kneeling for long periods is proving to be hell on my knees though. I’m open to suggestions.

~Psyche
Quiet guy
Quiet guy • Jan 23, 2021
Good day,

*I do not know if you have prior knee injuries *
From my understanding you may need to practice different exercises such as Squats and stretching.
You may want to slowly build up your endurance and go step by step( talking about the duration).

If you have time please look into Lymphatic leg massage. Ask a professional before doing anything.

I am not a health professional but hope this information can help you.

Do not hurt yourself and pace yourself please.
House Talion​(dom male)
House Talion​(dom male) • Jan 23, 2021
It's possible you just not used to kneeling so much which could get better with practice, but if the pain is too much theres a few options. Knee pads, basic cushions, pillows
Sensualgent​(dom male)
Sensualgent​(dom male) • Jan 23, 2021
Quiet guy wrote:
Good day,

*I do not know if you have prior knee injuries *
From my understanding you may need to practice different exercises such as Squats and stretching.
You may want to slowly build up your endurance and go step by step( talking about the duration).

If you have time please look into Lymphatic leg massage. Ask a professional before doing anything.

I am not a health professional but hope this information can help you.

Do not hurt yourself and pace yourself please.

I really like this reply. Quiet guy is cautious and offers sensible advice.
I'm not a health professional either but I've had some years of uncomfortable knees when crouching or walking up stairs repaired with massage from a Tai Chi /Qigong master in one session.
Additional practice of gentle Qigong and Tai Chi helped to strengthen them afterward.
There are many types of therapy so do some investigation first and also ensure the practitioner is properly accredited.
I hope this is helpful,
SG
Sasa​(dom female)
Sasa​(dom female) • Jan 23, 2021
Mostly yoga and physiotherapy helps, but there are a few points... first is weight.
The higher the more pressure and that hurts cause fat cells store fluid. This can press on the knee area from the outside and that is painfull.
Second are further little accidents. if you've dropped harshly to your knees a number of times in your life and they were swollen for example. It is the liquid again... but this liquid is stuck inside. If you don't trained this out with reasonable exercise, it will become gelatinous and you will have pain as soon as you kneel. You can still do it, but you have to do physiotherapy.
Hope my English was understandable and hope it helps.
SubAtomic
SubAtomic • Jan 23, 2021
When my husband's knees started giving him trouble while kneeling I gave him strap on knee pads and sometimes we used a gardening pad to cushion his knees. Don't now if this would help you.
MissBonnie​(dom female){oz}
3 years ago • Jan 24, 2021
A kneeling bench might also be of some use. they small light. Non obtrusive and fit into play well without taking away the aesthetics of kneeling. I have building plans if you need some (but I will need an email to attach it too). the idea is it takes the pressure off the knee joint and allows a resting place for your butt. Also works well for those with ankle issues (and mild lower back issues). One of my submissives has had a knee reconstruction and his Doctor, knowing what we "do" told us of these.

there is also another thread somewhere. If I find it I will post it...it had some other really good tips too.
    The most loved post in topic