Online now
Online now

Equality

TheEdge​(other male)
6 years ago • Oct 11, 2017

Equality

TheEdge​(other male) • Oct 11, 2017
Being in the chat room an interesting topic came up which I thought it would be very interesting to hear everyone’s input on it cause the answer has always been blurry in my head also.
I would ask from you lovely people to keep and open mind while answering this post is not intended to offend anyone.

Someone asked in the chat room that why women need more protection than men if we are all equal?
That made me think and after digesting the question in my head I came to this conclusion:
“I think there are many differences between women and men therefore they could not be equal in that sense.for example men are born with physical advantage on the other hand women are mentally more detailed.they pay attention to things that would make no difference in men eyes. They are more sensitive than men and that enables them to find different solutions to matters”
That is just one of many examples that are out there. Men and women complete each other in a way like two different side of a magnet.
But in the end we are all human and we are all equal in that sense.
So
What do you think ?
Are men and women equal?
What are the things that make them equal and unequal in different matters?
How should we solve this confusion?

Let’s be brutally honest with ourselves.
Villanelle​(staff)
6 years ago • Oct 11, 2017
Villanelle​(staff) • Oct 11, 2017
I could give you a long list of ways in which men and women are not equal, both anecdotally and statistically. We just aren't, not yet. It's a vast, wide ranging problem touching all aspects of society. But I"ll focus on interactions on a social media site like this one for the time being.

For starters, some men think I need their protection or help simply because I am female and they are male, regardless of our skills or experience. Others think my purpose is to be pleasing and compliant and if I fail in doing those things I am not valued, or worse, an object of scorn. If you want us to be truly equal, don't offer protection to a woman because she's a woman. Don't assume a weakness based on gender. Offer your support to the inexperienced, the young, the vulnerable who ask for it. Champion equality and demand it from men and women around you. Individual power should be acknowledged and respected in everyone. If you choose to bend to the will of another for your mutual pleasure that's your choice. But don't treat any of us like we start from a lower position because of our gender. And ladies, don't trade on stereotypes in order to make things easier. It's lazy and you cheat not only yourself but others too.
    The most loved post in topic
K y i v
6 years ago • Oct 12, 2017
K y i v • Oct 12, 2017
In my experience---Men and women were not created equal. One was created the protector and provider--the other the Child rearer and nurturer. It is when we try to step outside the rolls that the problems arise. Many societies have not stepped outside those rolls. Ours has... thus the constant conflict.
This has spawned the BDSM need- search. To step back into those rolls -even in the imagination.
Villanelle​(staff)
6 years ago • Oct 13, 2017
Villanelle​(staff) • Oct 13, 2017
@KievaMadRussian....a number of societies throughout history have been matriarchal and/or goddess worshipping. The concept of the feminine divine as supreme is as old as time. My point being, patriarchy is not, nor has it ever been, the only way society has functioned.

There's also a strong argument that society's ills today are the result of hyper-masculinity and the suppression of the female influence.
TheEdge​(other male)
TheEdge​(other male) • Oct 13, 2017
With all that in mind I strongly believe in the CIRCLE OF LIFE. What it means to me is basically that what ever happened before , the opposite of it going to happen in the future. It’s like a kid who doesn’t like spinach as a kid and grows to love it as an adult. It’s like haveing straight hair and wanting curly hair. And we have had patriarchy as. The last society and now it’s going to be matriarchal turn soon.
K y i v
K y i v • Oct 13, 2017
Evangeline wrote:
@KievaMadRussian....a number of societies throughout history have been matriarchal and/or goddess worshipping. The concept of the feminine divine as supreme is as old as time. My point being, patriarchy is not, nor has it ever been, the only way society has functioned.

There's also a strong argument that society's ills today are the result of hyper-masculinity and the suppression of the female influence.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matriarchy

The material above explains the matriarchal and feminine Devine myth in great detail.. A lot of reading. In fact it has never existed outside of fantasy and feminism.

There are 6 small matriarchal like primitive groups that anthropology recognizes today.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/31274/6-modern-societies-where-women-literally-rule

Patriarchy is the only human form to survive human history. For better or worse it is fact.

As women have never ruled society the argument that they would do better is largely moot.

Any moment now the facts cited will be called. Mysoginist... The usual response to research and history..
Bunnie
6 years ago • Oct 14, 2017
Bunnie • Oct 14, 2017
Everyone deserves to feel protected and safe regardless of their gender. We may have different requirements in order to achieve that feeling, and some of that may be based on our specific genders. But as to whether or not needing protection has anything to do with gender, I don’t think so.
Villanelle​(staff)
Villanelle​(staff) • Oct 14, 2017
@KievaMadRussian...I understand the concept of debate and can happily attack an opinion without attacking an individual. I don't expect anyone to have hurt feelings or engage in name calling while discussing a topic in a civilized manner. So not to worry..no name calling here. But you're still wrong.

I am familiar with the so called debunking of the matriarchial myth. It's a fashionable stance to take as a reaction to the increasing power of women in modern western society. There are certainly plenty of other studies that draw the opposite conclusion about matriarchy in history. And matriarchal societies continue to exist today as outlined by no less than The Guardian and the BBC:

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/apr/01/the-kingdom-of-women-the-tibetan-tribe-where-a-man-is-never-the-boss

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-16592633

It's real and it's always been an factor in our shared history.
TheEdge​(other male)
TheEdge​(other male) • Oct 14, 2017
The matter of the fact is matriarchal and patriarchal are real.we and our friends are involved in it. Everyone is different and gravitate towards them based on their personality and needs. I’m hoping they both can live sidebyside without judgment and the need to say one is better than the other one and dissing each other. I have been and was raised in a patriarchal society and I have been in matriarchal. I’ve seen people get pissed off and fight because they thought it was wrong based on the genders which is just not understandable for me. I know the important part is living the way that works the best for individuals. The rest is just labels. Different names and words .
Lizzy719
6 years ago • Oct 27, 2017
Lizzy719 • Oct 27, 2017
Being equal or same are two different things. Equal in value, yet not the same on many levels. There will always be things a woman can do that men cannot. Like giving birth. A man can have all the sex change operation he wants, still won't be able to bear a child. Does the fact that men and women are not the same make them not equal in value?