Online now
Online now

Think I almost got scammed today, but unsure

Ace Ryk
3 years ago • Feb 25, 2021

Think I almost got scammed today, but unsure

Ace Ryk • Feb 25, 2021
Hello everyone, I'm new here. Need to share this story with you all. So I found a mistress on a dating app this morning and we switched over to email communication. We agreed that I would go to her place on Saturday (hour and a half away), anyway she sent me some photos and said she had to go to work so she'd video me on Skype later in the evening. She made me get a silver membership on a site called alt and fill out a sub profile. I figured it's only $20 so even if I'm out, it's not a big deal. Anyway I didn't hear from her all day till about an hour ago. She said she would be back from work soon. She Skyped me for about a minute, took a look at me, and logged off. She did not speak at all. Once again suspicious, maybe the "live feed" of her was fake. Who knows. She then said that she spoke to her fellow Mistress and ordered equipment that I needed to pay $78 for via PayPal. I said I don't mind giving her cash, but I was suspicious and wanted proof of purchase. So she got upset and basically it all ended. It 100% feels like a scam to me, but my gut tells me it was legit and I missed out on a potentially life changing opportunity. I'm pretty bummed out bec I never played the role of sub before and was eager to try it. If it WERE fake, wouldn't she be available all day? The fact that she was out at work all day makes me believe it was legit, but why would I take a chance and PayPal a stranger money??
B L O N D I E​(sub female)
B L O N D I E​(sub female) • Feb 25, 2021
You dodged a bullet. Good thinking. You were right to trust your gut. Your real Domme is out there waiting for you and she will definitely understand and be very patient with your suspicions and mistrust. That is the behavior of a smart sub. Well done.
House Talion​(dom male)
House Talion​(dom male) • Feb 25, 2021
You understand the concept of a 'user's, right? Scam. Alt.com had a good run, but now it's just scammers. Theres no reason you should need to switch to another site just to chat when there's plenty of free ways to chat. And never pay for anything online unless your a fin-sub
dollMaker​(dom male)
dollMaker​(dom male) • Feb 25, 2021
Yup the ‘old I ordered equipment for you’ is a well known scam. Any quality, established dominant will have equipment already, and sure there are items that might be specifically required to suit a new sub, that they don’t have, but from the get go, before meeting, discussion, establishing a dynamic, charting a course, knowing what might be needed that the sub is being asked to pay for, thats a massive red flag.

The only situation you will be asked to pay, is by a pro-dominant, but again not before lots of discussion and a plan is created, tailored to suit you, what services you need, and its agreed. A pro should be a highly experienced and professional person, well equipped to provide what they do.

As said above you dodged a bullet today. Anyone starts wanting money, tribute, gift cards etc upfront, its a scam.
    The most loved post in topic
Sensualgent​(dom male)
Sensualgent​(dom male) • Feb 25, 2021
Ace Ryk,

It's a scam.
You don't need to pay for anything.
No need to move to a pay site or any other to chat although some free sites can be easier to use.

The problem is you are new to this and keen, possibly desperate to find what you are looking for. Ones body chemistry and emotions can take over so make a conscious effort to keep them in check.

Finding your ideal can happen overnight but that's unlikely. Spend time here chatting and learning and if you are unsure ask in the forums. You'll get support if you need it.
Although it can habe its undesirables ( like any open platform) the Cage is a great community.
Enjoy.