Online now
Online now

Photo filters

CSI
CSI
3 years ago • Mar 21, 2021

Photo filters

CSI • Mar 21, 2021
Reading about a motorcyclist that amassed a following using filters to present himself as a female has me wondering: What do you think of someone who sends you pictures that are either photoshopped or someone who always uses filters?
House Talion​(dom male)
3 years ago • Mar 21, 2021
House Talion​(dom male) • Mar 21, 2021
Changing the original by any means beyond cropping makes it seem fake. It's like make-up, not needed on natural beauty
Rod​(dom male)
3 years ago • Mar 22, 2021
Rod​(dom male) • Mar 22, 2021
I guess it's one of those things that seems to tempt a lot of women at least, I'm not sure I've ever seen guys applying filters so on that side of the coin it seems a bit of a gender biased thing?
My take is that firstly they are almost always pretty obvious anyway, they get used a lot on social media so most people will know instantly if a photo they receive has had that distinctive "beauty" filter applied. As someone else mentioned it's a bit like using makeup really, if that's your thing then sure why not?
In the end it comes down to how long you want to keep doing it, assuming a relationship goes on long enough eventually there will come the no makeup or no filter time. And for those adding the filter, if it's going to make a difference perhaps it might be better to find out how shallow (or not) the other party is up front?
MissBonnie​(dom female){oz}
I disagree that men don't use filters or apply photoshop.
I've met a lot of submissive males that do and i can understand why, just like the women that choose too. Finding partners when you feel less than attractive in the moment, can be hard for some and even harder as people age and often feel the rigors of time catching them up and then being over looked for "younger" more desirable models.

In the Femdom side of the pond, women get to pick and choose, regardless of appearance or age. In short, its nothing unusual for women my age to questioning if a 20-70 something is what she wants. Why? because she is the rare elusive Femdom that can have what she wants. Its no secret sex and beauty sell, advertising has been using this method for centuries! Putting yourself out there, your essentially selling yourself! Getting ahead of the pack can be harder for some men (and women).

The world is pretty tidied up (no pun intended) in what is perceived as "attractive" or "desirable" I don't think its a gender bias thing that ONLY women do.
Even those women and men that do post images un filtered, if they are honest will of taken several and picked the best to show (is that any different?). I know some women and men that take hundreds of photos at a time to find 4 or 5 that are fit for purpose...the purpose of luring a person to look further than the initial profile. Its a place card to the real person. Not a reflection of the person. People are more than their looks!

If a photo/ Avatar is a filter or a shopped image, is really that bad if its what got attention to begin with? Its kinda like putting your best self out there. Granted I'd prefer people didn't but if your looking for more than one night stand the person as a WHOLE is what your going to look at!
For myself HOW a person looks is only part of the attraction to the WHOLE PERSON they are.....I'm not shallow that I'd base a persons whole worth on an image. I'm also not that silly to believe......that a person wouldn't of used the VERY best image they have. As long as the image is a "fair" representation of the individual, I'm good with that. They cant filter the rest of their life.
Is it wrong to do? As I said I'd prefer they DIDN'T HAVE TO but do understand why it is done.
Virginie​(sub female){lcpw}
i use filters to blur backgrounds, crop, change lighting ( like going black and white) getting rid of red eye and what have you, but its me. Some ppl think all that is too much but im a shitty photog, so you know, eat me
    The most loved post in topic