Online now
Online now

Gor

TheAnt​(dom male)
3 years ago • Feb 21, 2021
TheAnt​(dom male) • Feb 21, 2021
The books, after the first few (not well written btw) become far worse (I was unaware they could get worse lol) as they began pumping them out. The latest count that I am aware is 35 total.
If you discount all the horrible things that are accurately associated with the movies and the book, as pointed out above, and as also pointed out above there are some very useful gains from the franchise.
I have instructed my subs in the past on Kajira as well as the expanded positions presented by Restrained Elegance. I also use a Canadian site with a YouTube video on a demonstrator going through the poses (although they do duplicate one with two different names).
Beyond the poses, I have found nothing else from Gor useful personally.
If you want the links plus the Restrained Elegance link (also has rope positions by the way) the just message me.
Incidentally, a new sub of mine made a great point about Kajira and the Goreans after burning her eyeballs watching Gor. She asked me what were people thinking in the late 80s in the BDSM community that made a faction of kink lifestyle to decide to go with the “bad” guys as a role model and then develop a whole BDSM dynamic on them??? My only answer I could muster was “Although I was very active in the community of BDSM, as a person in my 20s, I didn’t get a vote.” My observations are is that they were looking for something to formalize slave positions and stances and Gor gave them a template.
Then some began really embracing ALL the elements of it. Oh, and remember Dungeons and Dragons was sky rocketing as a game that a huge swath of the population was involved in even in the BDSM community.
-DA
House Talion​(dom male)
House Talion​(dom male) • Feb 21, 2021
Jessica_Jewlz wrote:
That counts in my book. I am reading the books and trying to learn the natural ordet and what is expected of me as a slave.

The natural order is easy to understand if you stick to the teirs of the society which is perfect for measuring a builder. If the specifics of the slave position is misleading you can always read through the basics of M/s which can be found on most MAsT sites
OraclePollon​(sub female){NotYours}
I would just warn you, like others have: Learn from people, not fantasies. Real life is and SHOULD be, much different than a story and glorified ideology. There are some here, but if you are relying on a book of fiction to outline your life, you will likely get hurt or preyed upon.

Good Luck.
DrWakko
DrWakko • Feb 21, 2021
The author of gor did not want his books to become a lifestyle.

Also on a more fun note. In gor death is an acceptable punishment.

Nothing better than being put to death because you broke a simple rule.
DrWakko
DrWakko • Feb 21, 2021
On a more serious discussion of gor.

If you find something in gor, D/s, M/s, Leather even the Bible or religion and you want to add it into your relationship dynamic do it.

Take what works and make it your own. You may have to explain your relationship to people because it doesn’t fall under the “norms”, but it’s yours and you and your partner/s are happy with it.