Online now
Online now

Ghost messages

SugarCookie​(sub female)
2 years ago • Apr 26, 2021

Ghost messages

SugarCookie​(sub female) • Apr 26, 2021
Not sure if it's just me, but I'm getting the message box that's popping up but its empty. And the notification sound. Sometimes if I refresh there's an actual message there. But sometimes not. Just curious if it was just me. 😊
SirsBabyDoll​(sub female){Pizza+☕}
It's happened to me before. Sometimes it's a delay and sometimes, it's the Ghost in the Machine.

I DO know that Cage Monkey is working in a big surprise for us all (but the little nerd wont tell me what it is...grr!). I WAS able to help him catch a nasty bit of code that had leaked into the active system that caused auto-save to not function the way it should (so if recently, anybody has lost a huge chunk of a blog you had been working in, THATS why. You're welcome.) It's fixed now, which is good.
Villanelle​(staff)
Villanelle​(staff) • Apr 26, 2021
I'll have our tech guy, Cage Monkey have a look. Is it possible you have received a BOND message? This is our Premium only instant messenger and will also send an alert. BOND appears as a circle icon and will light up if someone has sent you an instant message.
    The most loved post in topic
SirsBabyDoll​(sub female){Pizza+☕}
Sage,

Yup. Eons ago, I used to hang out in the coding chat rooms of yahoo. I even wrote my own program (a simple countdown clock) in C++...but that was a FUCK TON of years ago...

I wonder if he is in the compile stage yet....the name of a coders existence.

Maybe we should all send him some bananas and mountain dew for energy...lol!
acquiesced​(sub male)
acquiesced​(sub male) • Apr 26, 2021
SBD,

"C++...fuck ton"

These are a few of my favorite things...

Where have you been all my life (in jest, of course)...
Miki
2 years ago • Apr 27, 2021
Miki • Apr 27, 2021
Interesting. No, never had an otherworldly message in invisible digital ink. The closest to that was a couple of "messages" last year sent by someone who got thrown off the site after sending it, and the message Admin sent me said that the message that was sent to me was zapped because it was sent by a "potentially malicious user"

Soo the message they sent me was to tell me the message the other guy sent me wasn't a message at all.

Get the message???