Online now
Online now

Drop kit...

littleMagpie​(sub female)
2 years ago • Apr 27, 2021

Drop kit...

littleMagpie​(sub female) • Apr 27, 2021
Hey there lovelies.

So I’ve been reading about different parts of aftercare more recently, and something I’ve come across is a “drop box”.

Meant to contain all the things you need to combat a drop, in an easy to get to space for if your head is still all weird and fuzzy and disconnected.

Do any of you use one? Have you before? What goes in it for you?
MissBonnie​(dom female){oz}
2 years ago • Apr 27, 2021
I play mainly at home now days do I have no need for a "moveable" drop kit. Most of the immediate supplies are with an arms reach like blankets and first aide kit (heat pack too) Heres what I have in mine
https://collarncuffs.com/resources/doku.php?id=fist_aid
. RE hydrating helps if your packing for an away play a bottle of water and electrolyte drink if you played hard. A carb loaded snack is also good. Pack a comfy jacket too and make sure you allowed yourself some down time if you need to travel.

You might also pick some other hints and tips here

https://collarncuffs.com/resources/doku.php?id=aftercare

one of the best resources I've read is written by a wonderful Aussie Domme called Mistress160. she has a very comprehensive drop page for both Dominants and submissives

http://bdsmforbeginners.blogspot.com/2007/12/bdsm-for-beginners-part-8-aftercare-for.html?zx=a3bb2752fbea0eac
CSI
CSI
2 years ago • Apr 28, 2021
CSI • Apr 28, 2021
Fuzziest blanket available, chocolate, something with electrolytes, water, and a salty snack for sure. There can be an eye mask, lotion, aloe, headphones, ear plugs, something for a warm compress, stuffies, colouring book. Anything really in order to snuggle in and just zone out and be ok.
Bunnie
Bunnie • Apr 28, 2021
I am a firm believer in preparing throughout the whole day. Keeping up levels of hydration and eating well. Eating a nourishing dinner before going to any events or play parties. Skin and body care routine etc etc.

Then, my go-to after play, is platters with fruit (dried and fresh), nuts, veggies, dip, cheese and crackers. This gives a good range of varied nutrients. When visiting play venues in other States, we’d just buy some packets of dried fruit and nuts, and popcorn, and take them with us, which works well.
I’ve found it also depends on the type of play. After rope, I have really strong cravings for icecream, which not having eaten icecream for about 15 years, took a while to figure out lol.

Water is a must.
A cozy blanket or hoodie.
Also, definitely a journal. It’s usually over the next few days that I’ll have a lot of things come up that I need to write out or simply mull over.

Whatever comes up, just go with it. Sometimes it’s about meeting more than just our physical needs. This really is a huge aspect of needing to learn to simply listen to and trust what our “self” is telling us it needs, regardless of what we’re told it “should” need.
    The most loved post in topic
DrWakko
DrWakko • Apr 28, 2021
Some people call it an aftercare bag. And there is no check list of stuff you MUST have in it. I know people who will put blankets, a comfortable change of clothes/shoes, advil (headache med), Gatorade or other electrolyte beverage, chocolate, Band-Aids. I also know littles who would put coloring books, crayons (markers), gummies, a passi, and other littles things in there.

The more you play the more you will know what you need and want to put in the bag.

DW