Online now
Online now

Using a safe word

submeg​(masochist female)
2 years ago • Jun 27, 2021
submeg​(masochist female) • Jun 27, 2021
I have been with my sadistic Master for two years. I would never be allowed to go without a safe word. Not that I would ever want to, but it is good to have a Master who believes so strongly in them. He believes in all sorts of safety and I trust him completely.
submeg​(masochist female)
submeg​(masochist female) • Jun 27, 2021
I’m a firm believer in safe words as is my Master. Safety is of the utmost importance. No matter how well we know each other and how much I trust my Master there is always the chance that he would go farther than I could handle and knowing that he values me enough to honor my safe words means a great deal. It allows us both to try things we might not otherwise.
Miki
Miki • Jun 27, 2021
I rerplied,to this quite a while ago, but I have to reiterate:)

If anyone tries to dissuade you from using "Safe Words"....

Your well being hangs in the balance. Does the name "Ted Bundy" ring a bell?

"Go nowhere strange with a stranger."

[Jim Morris--- Eat Me
NoClvrNickname​(sub female)
We have a safe word but I’ve never had to use it; my Sir has always been able to “read” the situation clearly enough to back off before any lines or limits have been crossed (tested or pushed, yes; crossed or broken, no).
Jocelin​(switch female)
Jocelin​(switch female) • Jun 27, 2021
I 100% believe in there being a safe word in place. Even with a partner that you have a lot of time with things can happen unintentionally. For example, too much weight/pressure that could damage a joint is best to have a safe word to stop that.
sashalottolearn​(switch female){Open-Mind}
Although I do apply and allow safe words, I have been known instead to use safe signals or gestures and to allow my partner to do this as an alternative. It is a different kind of practice for partners to feel safe but also to know that their partner(s) is being attentive to them. It’s a whole new level of trust and understanding bc you have to actually pay attention and learn your partner(s) needs, wants, and limits. In my experiences, these things do tend to change or adjust with time. However, I always ask for limits and boundaries and interests and where compromise can be applied as well. Just to make sure communication and respect for one another is not being neglected.
SubtleHush​(sub female)
2 years ago • Jun 28, 2021
SubtleHush​(sub female) • Jun 28, 2021
sashalottolearn​: "Although I do apply and allow safe words, I have been known instead to use safe signals or gestures and to allow my partner to do this as an alternative"

Absolutely. For one partner, he would squeeze my hand and I had to return the squeeze. So two short squeezes got the same back. One long squeeze, one long back.

Another scenario was the bottom would hold a handkerchief or some such thing. (always light and simple so as to not interfere with the scene) If they dropped it then that was a signal to slow or stop - as agreed to between them.
I tend to go deep in play and am non-verbal. I can pull myself up to speak or safeword but it is not a good experience and on those rare occasions when I had to do that because the partner was not respecting our boundaries or agreements, it isn't good. I end those connections because they turn a good situation and make it into a painful one. (if you don't know how this can happen, look deeper into subspace and the energy between top and bottom during a scene)

We have to appreciate what that bottom (pick your term), is about. Some do not become nonverbal. Some don't go that deep. Some play with many but on a more superficial (not meant negatively) level. How they see the use of safewords, or how they see methods of signaling used as safeword indicators will probably vary.

So most conversations circle back to knowing your partner, being on the same page, and having the right amount of experience and knowledge to mutually agree intelligently to what is going to happen.
We also have to know ourselves. We have to take the time to see past the too-good-to-be-true words or sales pitch. If the top says no safeword but we know ourselves well enough to know that is not what we need, then we must be smart enough to say no.

Newbies tend to be sold on the idea that they get no vote. The time from hello to not needing safewords is a long one. Please don't let someone more interested in their fun sell you on the idea that your wants, needs, and desires don't count.

Going back to my dance analogy. When you play with someone who is making the play only about them, then it is no longer a dance where one follows and one leads. It is one doing their own thing while dragging the other around the floor.

H*
SubtleHush​(sub female)
SubtleHush​(sub female) • Jun 28, 2021
gabriel kerry​(dom male)
1 month ago • 05/07/2021 1:07 am
Someone told me of this topic. I didn't realize that we evolved so much that telepathy was the new thing. Huh who would have thunked it

I knew you were gonna say that. (someone had to say it yanno.
magdanewsm​(sub female)
magdanewsm​(sub female) • Jun 28, 2021
I think it depends on the master and sub. However in my opinion it kind of ruin all of the emotions , if sub can stop at any time , that way it's hard to push limits , or sub that have power . I think if it's short term session the best way is like setting something , challenges , or goals , like number of strikes or practices sub needs to endure , if she aware of that i mean she can't and shouldn't complain
rubberslutroxy
rubberslutroxy • Jun 28, 2021
I try to have one, but some dommes duct tape your mouth closed (while smiling at you) and say -- now what was your "safe" word again? But they are always watching for signs that things could be going too far -- the no safeword safeword play is part of the game for some. I get gagged a lot (I talk WAY too much) so it happens that way for me sometimes.