Online now
Online now

Website Time

xVegetarianx
7 years ago • Aug 20, 2016

Website Time

xVegetarianx • Aug 20, 2016
What time is the website going by, because I've noticed the calendar usually has the wrong day of the week, and daily page views on blogs change in the middle of the day rather than at midnight or close to midnight.

Also, is there a way everyone can set the website to their own time, or if not, can the website please display a time at the top of the website somewhere so we all have a time that we can go by? This would make it easier for people to meet in chat.

Thanks.
Villanelle​(staff)
Villanelle​(staff) • Aug 20, 2016
Good questions - this is something Assaf will need to address.  Bread crumbs......
Cage Monkey​(staff)
Cage Monkey​(staff) • Aug 20, 2016
Good point about the time zone!

The goal of the website is to be able to display all times are local, the site knows the user time zone because the user browser tells it. You can see this already in practice in the mailbox or in the blog post timestamps.

However there are a few modules that don't support it yet and a few exceptions.

EVENTS - the hour of the events will should always be the local hours, since if you plan to attend event you'll be in the local area. However the calendar should change according to users time zone - should be fixed.

BLOG STATISTICS - now aggregate views based on server days, in order for it to appear right in every corner of the earth the aggregation should be by the hour and the statistics should be aggregated by local-time day - should be fixed.

FORUM - I'm not sure if forum times are displayed in your local time zone, I think they are, if not, then I should fix that too.

I'm afraid all of this will not solve how to set a canonical time for chat meetings, but I think it's an overkill to have a specific time zone for the cage just for that.
xVegetarianx
xVegetarianx • Aug 20, 2016
Right now, in this forum, I see a time stamp on our comments, and the time for me is 6 hours ahead of my actual time.

When you do get the time sorted out, keep in mind that some places go by Daylight Saving Time, and other places don't.
    The most loved post in topic