Online now
Online now

How to be a expert in 30 days or less

Azure Kitsune​(sub female)
2 years ago • Sep 5, 2021
Honestly this is being a smart ass. Sir Don seems to be being a complete ass because someone said something or acted like a know it all. Who cares, move on.
Sir Don​(dom male){Not lookin}
2 years ago • Sep 5, 2021

Ass

Azure kitsune wrote:
Honestly this is being a smart ass. Sir Don seems to be being a complete ass because someone said something or acted like a know it all. Who cares, move on.

@Azure Kitsune
Before you call some a ass perhaps you should examine yours in the mirror. Because yours seems to go from from the floor to the top of your hair follicles. But thank you for your opinion. For what it was worth.
Miki
2 years ago • Sep 6, 2021
Miki • Sep 6, 2021
Wow.. How a simple question, even if it is one seemingly open to a variety of interpretations and has drawn rather strong reactions------- has turned into a rather vitriolic thread. Nasty Nasty!!

Personally, I have been in here a few months shy of 4 years I have not run across any verbose know-it-alls directly, but as a regular reader of forum posts I can see where the "tone" of some is stronger than others even if they don't claim to know everything outright.

-----------------------------------------------------------

So, through it all, having seen the back-and-forth in here, Sir Don, you got plenty of feedback so perhaps, in the name of Cage Peace, time to hang up your digital jock and call it a day.

Look on the bright side, Fella.... It's one thing to be called an asshole... quite another to be referred to as a whole ass... But always remember, a whole ass has one hell of a winning smile.
slave Sakura​(switch female){Owned}
2 years ago • Sep 7, 2021
In 30 days???? Think of how long it took you to truly learn other skills...I doubt it was 30 days or less. I've been in/out for 7 yrs and still feel like a novice a majority of the time. Socrates said "The wise man realizes how much he doesn't know."

This, like everything else, is a constant learning, evolutionary process. If you don't learn and grow fairly often, you're not trying hard enough.

Something like this, the "Life" as it is so often called, represents an entirely new way of thinking...of being. If you close yourself off to new experiences, further knowledge...you are almost treating it with disrespect.

Furthermore...in many slightly older Lifestyle traditions (Leather, The Old Guard for example), one could not even think of becoming a Dom type figure without also having gone thru the experience of being a sub first.
Taramafor​(sub male)
2 years ago • Sep 9, 2021
Taramafor​(sub male) • Sep 9, 2021
House Talion wrote:
Not gonna happen

Pal, I can teach someone in a few days. Story time.

Actually did it with a sub. They have an owner. They were in the mindset of "I have to always do what I'm told". As if that was all there is to being a sub. Yea, I took this as a flag.

The sub also had some issues. Opened up to me right away though. Why? Because I listen. Simple enough.

I then stated my concerns about why they risk getting walked over by their dom. Fortunately the doms partner focuses on straght answers. Helps to keep them in check.

What it basically comes down too is that I and the doms partner were the ones going "What do YOU want" when the dom was worrying their ass off. Yea yea, you're worried. But are you reminding your sub that they have a choice?

The sub thanked me, said I wasn't just using them for pleasure and stood their ground against their dom. I also know when subs show such spines that the dom has to take note of that. That the sub is being more able to look out for themselves. The sub wasn't worrying. The dom was.

... I was more dom then the dom. To be fair I have an edge having a lot of expreince on both sides and psychology. Good intentions are moot when you worry to the point of keeping someone that sheltered. I simply asked the sub "How do you overcome a fear? Any fear." And they answered with facing/confronting it. I observed how events would play out. I showed I had the big brain. When all their dom did is worry instead of trying to find solutions to problems.

That took half a week. That sub is tired of others telling her what's best. I simply stated the situation as it is and reminded her of options and her own choices.

If I wanted to be her dom (without replacing the one she already has) I know I can make that happen too. Technically that was the situation in a sense. I was helping her overcome her fear and truma. So I imagine the dom felt a bit inadequate. I'm not trying to replace anyone though. I simply focus on solutions instead of problems.

Actually having that skill/talent in the first place? Mmm... Well, life and lemons and learning the hard way over time. But once you have it, you have it. And can deal with other situations quicker.
House Talion​(dom male)
House Talion​(dom male) • Sep 9, 2021
@Taramafor
I don't doubt the ability of teaching within a limited amount of time as I've done so with many, hut the question at hand is of being an expert within a month. Some may think it's possible, but I stick to my original answer. Anyone 'worth their salt's whether in or not of this lifestyle would agree that anyone seeking to be an expert in anything is constantly striving to learn anything of that subject. This isn't the first time such has been questioned and while discussing it with dom, sub, master, and slave alike they all agree it's a long journey through life.
House Talion​(dom male)

Re: Ass

House Talion​(dom male) • Sep 9, 2021
Sir Don wrote:
Azure kitsune wrote:

@Azure Kitsune
Before you call some a ass perhaps you should examine yours in the mirror. Because yours seems to go from from the floor to the top of your hair follicles. But thank you for your opinion. For what it was worth.

Specifying how someone seems to be is based on ones opinion where as your response was a direct insult. Be careful of how you comment everywhere as this site arrives to keep the peace and by your 'Ass' comment I'd say you crossed the line. Of course my opinion in this matter doesnt matter, but pray the administrators don't take notice of your aggressive and/or hostile remarks.
Ingénue{VK}
Ingénue{VK} • Sep 9, 2021
🦆Omniscient duck (eggspert since hatching).