Online now
Online now

The Worst Mistake a Dominant or Submissive Can Make

I'mME
1 year ago • Aug 20, 2022
I'mME • Aug 20, 2022
IronWorld wrote:
Having been around for as long as I have been, I couldn't possibly limit myself to a singular worst thing that a dom could do. Read WAAAY too many horror stories ranging from accidental suffocation to attempting to "spank" a woman with a baseball bat to outright murder.

This is why I absolutely abhor it when mainstream movies with a bdsm theme comes out because I just KNOW some idiot is going to trust some other idiot way too much, way too early and there'll be another tragedy making headlines.

The worst thing a sub can do is not take an active role in getting to know any potential Dom. That means asking questions, getting to know them, ask for references if you think its applies. If you've ever seen The Breakfast Club, take a note from Ally Sheedy's character and pour it all out on the table - same goes for the Dom. And above all: PLAY. IT. ABSOLUTELY. SAFE!!! Safe words. Safe drops (if you're playing with gags). Meeting in public places (sometimes not always an option if its an LDR and you're flying someone in). Safe calls with a friend (absolute must, IMO) - I would punish a girl meeting with me the first time who didn't have one set up in advance. If you want it hardcore, I would STILL recommend SSC for the first 1-2 years and ONLY then, if you both want it, move to RACK.

Trust is paramount and if you have any insecurities or doubts, ASK QUESTIONS.

Its also why, when I tie someone up for the first time, the absolute first thing I do is kiss her long and hard for putting that much trust in me. To paraphrase Death from the series Supernatural when he spoke of the soul; "Trust is not a rubber ball. It's vulnerable, impermanent, but stronger than you know and more valuable than you can imagine."

I'm not sure if you are joking or not, but what ground are you standing on to punish someone the first time you meet them [not matter what they have done or not done] ?